[ROM][KK][4.4][2014-05-18] CyanogenMod 11.0

No. I tried to create a update-zip but in this case the cache partition is in use and I can't unmount it.

Hum, are you able to move application on usb storage?
For the battery percent try xposed.

So for me :
-Unable to move app to SD storage (I used the fix)
-Unable to install some apps with titanium backup or google play
-Getting sound pulses when I'm calling someone

Last edited:
Last month I was regularly switching between your ROM and the one from Cofface.
Now I wanted to try yours again. I took the next actions:
- Created a (CWM) backup while running Cofface's ROM
- Full wipe (data/cache/dalvik-cache/system)
- Install your ROM
- Install pa-gapps-mini (latest version)
- Reboot
I saw, while flashing your ROM, that you updated the Radio? I got scared. My 3G/wifi/gps/bluetooth is always working well, so there should be no need to update radio?
Now I configured my phone, but both wifi and bluetooth could not be enabled (pressing the toggle did not activate it). For the rest it looked fine, but I need wifi and bluetooth, so after playing around a little, I decided to restore my CWM Cofface-backup.
After reboot, here wifi and bluetooth did not work! I never had a problem after restoring a backup, so my conclusion was that something in your radio is causing this problem.
After this, I thought: let's try your ROM once more, so:
- Full wipe (data/cache/dalvik-cache/system)
- Install your ROM
- Reboot
I didn't install gapps. Now the wifi and bluetooth worked! Strange!
Next I did:
- Wipe cache/dalvik-cache
- Install gapps
- Reboot
And: wifi and bluetooth failed again. What is wrong in here?
Next:
- wipe cache/dalvik-cache
- Install your ROM
- Reboot
Finally wifi and bluetooth work again!

What is wrong in here? I have a few questions:
- What is changed in the Radio? Personally I think a ROM should NEVER include a Radio, as this software contains (possible region-dependant) drivers a ROM should never touch.
- Why did restoring my Cofface-backup resulted in a broken wifi/bluetooth? I never had a failure before after restoring a backup. Does this has to do with the changed Radio?
- Why is your Rom working OK without the gapps, but flashing gapps afterwards corrupts again wifi/bluetooth?

@M1cha, I really appreciate your work and the tremendous amount of effort you spend in developing this great Rom. I hope you can answer my questions...

the radio image is NOT specific for your location. Every MIUI rom flashes the radio image and these are generic.
CM normally relies on the installed firmware and doesn't update anything.
But since I needed to upgrade some firmwares like wlan and audio to remove bugs and use N4 libs I need a specific radio image(MIUI radio wouldn't work).

That means that if u switch back to a rom which does not flash radio(like the other CM roms) you should flash latest MIUI radio because there could be problems otherwise(maybe you can't even boot).

But I've absolutely no idea why gapps cause problems for you. You have to post dmesg and logcat logs from the boot to the time the problem appears.

@M1cha, I will try to make dmesg and logcat logs this evening.

Concerning the changed radio: In case you really made your radio incompatible with other Roms, than we have a huge problem, as CWM backup is not backing-up nor restoring the radio. So in case someone is in trouble and wants to restore a backup, it won't work because an incompatible radio is flashed? And every time you have to think 'what radio is used by this rom, do i have to flash another version or not?'

Yesterday I was confused as well, because the radio-version shown in 'settings / about phone' did not show a different version. So how do I know if your radio is flashed, or the 'original'?
At least change the version number in your radio. This gets confusing. Even more because also the file-name you use for your rom "cm-11-yyyymmdd-UNOFFICIAL-aries.zip" is exactly the same as Cofface is using since he started with Kitkat.

In the past I tried several AOSP, CM, MIUI- and other ROMs and always could rely on the CWM backup. If this is not the case when using your rom, I think people will become confused/scared for using it, unless you make it specifically clear what your rom does.

Regards.

The version string is the same because I didn't change the radio firmare files(radio/modem image is just a filesystem with firmwares for multiple devices including radio, wifi, tz,...).

To fix other roms you can always flash the latest radio(there is a thread about it in this forums).

And the filename is the standard CM filename. I can't change that cofface created his own port. But since I use standard Nexus4/CM code. This rom deserves the original file name much more than his in my opinion.

The version string is the same because I didn't change the radio firmare files(radio/modem image is just a filesystem with firmwares for multiple devices including radio, wifi, tz,...).

To fix other roms you can always flash the latest radio(there is a thread about it in this forums).

And the filename is the standard CM filename. I can't change that cofface created his own port. But since I use standard Nexus4/CM code. This rom deserves the original file name much more than his in my opinion.
The same CM filename I can understand. Normally this is no problem, especially as the 'about phone' shows the actual 'builder' and it's different properties.
For the version of the radio-image, I disagree with you. You stated that you changed wlan and audio within the baseband. This should definitely lead to a new version of the baseband so people can recognize this.

I hope to make a log for you this evening after I flashed your ROM again.

but it's the baseband version not the version of the firmware image :p
However I agree with you and I already thought about it but I didn't do it because I thought it's more important for users to know what the real/base version is.
Maybe I can replace M9615A(which will always be the same) with "CM10.2".

Mi2S has a fairly high number of partitions, many of which are named with pattern like 'system' and 'system1', while others exist just as a non-paired partition (e.g. 'sbl1', 'tz', 'persist', 'bk1', etc).
I do not understand the boot process of android yet, however I would like to know if there are any non-paired partitions used by both systems under True Dual Boot situation.
In other words, how much can an update of stock MIUI on System 2 affect CM 11 on System 1.

Sent from TapaPlaudern on Mi2S 32 GB

Mi2S has a fairly high number of partitions, many of which are named with pattern like 'system' and 'system1', while others exist just as a non-paired partition (e.g. 'sbl1', 'tz', 'persist', 'bk1', etc).
I do not understand the boot process of android yet, however I would like to know if there are any non-paired partitions used by both systems under True Dual Boot situation.
In other words, how much can an update of stock MIUI on System 2 affect CM 11 on System 1.

This is your phone with tdb off (first) active (second)
mi2_partition_layout-png.6407

as you can see with TDB they're indipendent

Reactions: MiKhan

If you think about decreasing the size of boot partitions: FORGET IT
1) the size isn't big enough that it would make any difference
2) I dunno how qcom bootloaders work but it's possible that they don't care about the partition table and adress partitions via hardcoded offsets. you would brick your device.

Reactions: MiKhan
@M1cha: I planned to get the log-files for you, but had so many problems last night. All 4.4 roms I tried had problems with wifi and/or bluetooth. I flashed (I hope) the latest MIUI radio, but am not sure if that succeeded, as the wifi-problems remained. Finally I flashed a cm 10.2 rom. Now I got it all running again.

I'm sorry to say this, but in my opinion, since flashing your 4.4 rom (with radio), I get all these problems with several roms, that I did not have before, and I want to be sure I have the original radio back as I don't get a lucky feeling with yours.

Can you tell me how I can see if your radio is in my Mi2S or the one from MIUI?

1) This rom doesn't work with any other radio's anymore
2) there isn't a easy way to check if my radio is installed but I'll change the version number next time
3) just flash any MIUI rom, it will replace everything(bootloader, radio, system)

@Paulus123: pls flash this on my cm-10.2 rom and tell me if wifi works then.

Mh no just give me the logcat and dmesg logs.

mh ok 1) was wrong seems I did some mistakes in past. future build's won't contain custom radio anymore.

@Paulus123:
Mh no just give me the logcat and dmesg logs.

I think I will not use this rom anymore. As I stated before, I fully trust on CWM backups to be able to restore a working rom, at any moment, no matter whatever I flashed or fiddled about before. So I was always able to have my phone operational within 5 minutes in case I needed it. In case I flash your rom (including your radio) it renders my CWM-backups useless, unless I restore the 'standard' radio as well. That's not the procedure I want to work with.

And to be honest, I think you should state clearly in your OP that you are affecting a part (radio) of the software that is beyond the borders of what software should be in a rom, and what should be in a radio. As I am scanning these Mi2S threads I notice more and more people having problems with wifi and/or bluetooth. In my opinion, at least as I experienced it, this might be caused by your changed radio.

Maybe, just maybe, you should think of another solution to the problems you try to solve. Not within the radio but within the rom itself.