[ROM] Marvin [English\Multilanguage] Xiaomi MI2/S [8.11]

Alright. I'm a big time user of your ROM, simply because its... well awesome.
However I do have one thing to report, I hope you can reproduce the issue....

That's the downside of the Ad-Blocker,
It is annoying, I know but that's the price we have to pay for safe browsing...

But,
If others think like you I will drop this mod from now on...

yes, in the last version. Hope to fix it in the next version. THANKS

Can you tell me how to reproduce the issue?

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Ad blocking is nice and all but if it goes to the point of interfering with normal use then that might be too much.

You could always provide packages to disable it, 8mb text is a lot to parse for a arm processor.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 4

EDIT: Seems like the hosts file isn't the cause. Using a basic loopback only hosts file + reboot didn't solve the issue. Any other ideas Medina?

I looked into it further and the stock browser is unaffected.

It's strange though as I got a stock miui on system two where Firefox runs great.

I looked into it further and the stock browser is unaffected.

It's strange though as I got a stock miui on system two where Firefox runs great.

Chrome runs great too... Try it...
I don't know what's the problem with Firefox. I'll keep looking

That's the downside of the Ad-Blocker,
It is annoying, I know but that's the price we have to pay for safe browsing...

But,
If others think like you I will drop this mod from now on...

Can you tell me how to reproduce the issue?

after flashing the rom, chose chinese language

I think that we all understand English enough to use MIUI in this language. For the user apps, you can use more locale.
Multilanguage is hard to achieve as we don't have enough memory on system partition. It will be necessary to delete or move apps, libraries, etc.
I think it's better to focus on other things, like stability or battery saving.

Enviado desde mi MI 2 usando Tapatalk 4

I think that we all understand English enough to use MIUI in this language. For the user apps, you can use more locale.
Multilanguage is hard to achieve as we don't have enough memory on system partition. It will be necessary to delete or move apps, libraries, etc.
I think it's better to focus on other things, like stability or battery saving.

+1

Hi, I also would like a multilanguage Rom. We have the chance that medina,a great dev is making a rom for us and also taking care of our feedbacks.
If he can do it and satisfy some of us it would be great! But if he can't it'll be ok looking to the work he already done for our community.
So, a big thanks to you medina and to the one who don't need multilanguage, please understand that for some of it might be important.
Excuse my english(I'm from France)
Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: espaciosalter20
+1 for multilanguage! Someone suggested to compile different version for each language... That could be a solution! Anyway, thanks Medina for your hard work! :D

Inviato dal mio MI 2 con Tapatalk 2

Guys, Medina already told you the reason why he is not going in for MultiLanguage, it increases the ROM size & also our system partition size is small. SO it is better if we have a small sized ROM & it gives more space room for adding more MODs just incase if Medina is planning to introduce in the future...
Only Medina can take final decision about it... just pm him guys... we better reserve this thread for development & bugs discussion only please ! Thanks for understanding.... lets support Medina for his wonderful effort...

you should have had written a short story atleast bro.... just a pic wont do good in that case i guess !

"You can tell your story in words, pictures, videos, or any other form of your choosing. "

Only thing i would expect in this rom is
Call volume steps changed from 5 to 7
System volume steps changed from 7 to 15
Media volume steps changed from 15 to 30
These three are in Wajk rom
Can you please add it in your next release???

My computer was stolen last night :(
No updates for now, sorry.

:eek:

If you need help with anything just say the word
(I used to work for KSP and IVORY)

Sent from my awesome Xiaomi Mi2S using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: Medina
I feel really sorry for you! This is a total s###. Let's hope your computer will be found, but I'm afraid it will be hard...

Oh no. Pooor you. Wish you could recover back all your data. I also have my computer stolen last year. Fortulately, I backup all data to external storage and the cloud so that not too bad :(