[ROM] Marvin [English\Multilanguage] Xiaomi MI2/S [8.11]

Wipe system.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Where do i find "wipe system" option ? (i use 6.0.3.2 cwm )
There is a menu called "mount and storage" in that menu i have
format system,format system 1,format data, format cache

Where do i find "wipe system" option ? (i use 6.0.3.2 cwm )
There is a menu called "mount and storage" in that menu i have
format system,format system 1,format data, format cache

yes that is what he meant by wipe system..!
goto->mounts and storage->format system and then format system1 :)

Usually there is no need to format system. Wiping the caches and data is enough, the new rom will overwrite the previous rom files anyway, even if you don't format system.

So are you sure that in your case format system is indeed mandatory?

Usually there is no need to format system. Wiping the caches and data is enough, the new rom will overwrite the previous rom files anyway, even if you don't format system.

So are you sure that in your case format system is indeed mandatory?

It wouldn't hurt.
And it is only take 2 seconds...
Do it. Just to make sure there aren't leftovers...

This is my first custom ROM flashing, the only thing i'm sure about is today's date ;)

Before wiping , i did a nandroid backup, i want the backup to stay on the sdcard so if there will be anything wrong with the system or the phone, i will be able to restore everything right away.

By the way, where do i find the image of the backup file? i want to do a copy of the backup and place it on my pc

ok, thanks.

I have a small request: can you name your rom, so I'll be able to distinguish it from normal multi-lang rom by name?

This is my first custom ROM flashing, the only thing i'm sure about is today's date ;)

Before wiping , i did a nandroid backup, i want the backup to stay on the sdcard so if there will be anything wrong with the system or the phone, i will be able to restore everything right away.

By the way, where do i find the image of the backup file? i want to do a copy of the backup and place it on my pc

Sdcard\clockworkmod\backup

ok, thanks.

I have a small request: can you name your rom, so I'll be able to distinguish it from normal multi-lang rom by name?

Ok, you can choose one and I'll update the post. Or I will name it Kiwi :D

I don't really mind...

Reactions: xeGox
What do you mean by "Based on MIUIANDROID 12.7" ? I just installed it and it says MIUI version 3.7.19

What do you mean by "Based on MIUIANDROID 12.7" ? I just installed it and it says MIUI version 3.7.19

Forgot to edit that line...
It will always be based on the latest release.

Fixed, thanks!

Seems to be working fine.

I just updated using the standard MIUI Updater app. I selected the zip and that was that. Did not have to re-install anything. No problems so far.
Getting anTuTu score 25129 (MI2S), so quite happy :)

I have a problem:
google play store doesn't work. Every app I want to update/install gets the message: error retrieving information from server.

Well, I don't have it. And another user in iandroid said he doesn't have it.
I also have this problem with play store, perhaps it's because of titanium backup... where can I download clean play store from?

Thanks, I will try to clear play store data/cache and report.

1. Why do we need busybox for anyway? If we need it, I will dl it from play store. I'm just not sure what I need it for...
2. Something odd about ViPER4Android: I installed CortexA8 with NEON, but then wiped data and caches again in recovery. When I opened ViPER4Android after the wipes, it did ask for root, but didn't ask for installing the driver. Is it possible that wipe data didn't wipe the installed driver?

hehe, clearing play store cache and data was for my problem with play store - read above.

Obviously it has nothing to do with busy box. If you want it, just dl it.

Clearing play store data and cache didn't fix the problem... I still get this server connection error.
Where can I download a fresh install of play store?

Did you download all your apps at the same time after installing this ROM? There's a 24h download limit in the play store, may be you reached it.

Is there an error code? Like 921 or so?

Verstuurd van mijn MI 2S met Tapatalk

Play store problem solved:
1. I cleared the cache and data
2. Removed google acount
3. rebooted
4. set back google account

I believe the problem was caused by me restoring from Titanium play store and accounts.

Reactions: z0rk