[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

Thanks seb for your hard work!

I have a question about my mi2.
I'm running your smiui 5.4.17, which was the last one that didn't replace cwm with xiaomi stock recovery.
I remember that I lost cwm trying to flash some other roms, so I used miflash with miui 4.12.5, then flashed cwm 6.0.5.1 and then flashed your smiui 5.4.17.

I guess now it's ok to flash your new smiui simply entering cwm and flashing it.
Or am I missing something?

I dont know nothing about any working Custom Recoveries for latest aries versions.
This recovery works fine for merged partitions:)
Link should go to OP, I think.
UPD: Neither Usual nor Aroma version of sMIUI can be installed trough this recovery. Only AOSP and CM =(

Last edited:
what exactly do you do with your phone to make it last 48hrs...Make it idle all day?

Well almost :) a few calls, some angry birds sw2....and some mobile date on 2g....but besides this, my usage is a same..and the last version had a better i mean lower consumption.

hei sebs, can i ask what frequency used on power balanced with power saving, and balanced with performance, because I think my battery consumption is better when I used freq limit 1300 before, on mi3w cancro

Reactions: madamam
I merged partitions. Then install sMiui 5.5.22.
But I found there is no GAPPS(google play, gmail ... etc) !!
And CWM alaways overwite by offical Recovery.
Is that normal ?

Although you already made it clear. Sebsch, I would like to ask again to be on the sage side: it is NOT possible to simply flash (via CWM) the most current Lollipop (with the merged partitions) version over 5.3.27? One has to go the long way...?

Last edited:
Same problem as Oscar on mi2s:
. No Gapps
. no keyboard

but partitions are merged!

Now I'm using the stock 5.5.22 with merged partitions waiting for solutions! Grazie.

. No Gapps
. no keyboard

Now I'm using the stock 5.5.22 with merged partitions waiting for solutions! Grazie.
The stock versione is only English and Chinese and has no Gapps. Now you have to install (via updater) the Smiui or your country version (better in both system).

. No Gapps
. no keyboard

Same problem with my mi2s: I merged the partitions, and then installed smiui with the updater.
Now I am on smiui 5.5.22 and I have no Gapps and no keyboard

Last edited:
The stock versione is only English and Chinese and has no Gapps. Now you have to install (via updater) the Smiui or your country version (better in both system).
Yes I did it and unfortunatly also Smiui doesn't have Gapps, so I installed the stock rom back again.
Furthermore installing the stock rom to merge the partitions CWM got replaced by stock miui recovery.

Hello.
thanks!!

I come to e share my experience .
I had the original version of miui : 5.5.8 ( based on lolipop ) and did the upgrade to Smiui 05/05/22 . It went well . So far I have everything working.

Just do not like one thing: the slide effects in menus, and in apps open and close.

How can I remove this slide effect?
thanks for your work!

Last edited:
How can i remove the slide effect in menus and when open and close apps?
-download smiui latest version
-open zip file with winRAR or 7zip
-go to \system\framework\
-extract "framework-res.apk"
-copy it to your phones sdcard
-take root explorer and replace the existing /system/framework/framework-res.apk with the new one
-set permissions 644 and owner root
-reboot phone

If there would be a working CWM or TWRP recovery you could just disable it by 1 click in AROMA installer.

Thanks!
Is there any way to flash aroma version with merged partitions ?
None so far. CWM for merged and non-merged partitions follow different instructions.
I think Sebsch should rewrite install script for merged partitions. But Aroma installer itself is already supported by existing CWM version.