[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

I'm still unable to root my Mipad when running smiui
I haven't gone sMIUI on my mipad yet, but I have it rooted with the standard xiaomi.eu ROM. Should be as easy as booting into CWM Recovery, and installing the SuperSU package. Have you tried that?

Because officially Mi Pad is not supposed to be rooted. Long story of Xiaomi promises to get the Security app for Mi Pad loses only against promises for Duke Nukem Forever.
But cMIUI has got root!! So i had to revert back to cMIUI because i need root for Titanium Backup!

Three things about version 5.5.29:
  • SwiftKey keeps forceclosing frequently
  • USSD Codes don't work (e.g. *101# for checking my balance), I would receive a falsely encoded message (a friend told me the message is non-sense):
    tKxzLAy.jpg
  • I'm not root anymore (minor issue)
Heat and battery life is much batter than the Android 4.4 version though! :)

//edit: Device: Mi2S

Last edited:
Reactions: Radnou
  • USSD Codes don't work (e.g. *101# for checking my balance), I would receive a falsely encoded message (a friend told me the message is non-sense):
    tKxzLAy.jpg
I confirm Swiftey FC and USSD CODE

tKxzLAy.jpg

And the most important: device?

I had troubles on my mi4 with smiui (like sometimes had to reboot phone because doesnt work anymore the sensor, or the headphones ecc). So i tried now to put again the mirecovery (and not the cwm) and using now the normal version of smiui with mirecovery. I made terrible mistake to use miflash and it erased everything....including sd (of course i chose the flash all except the storage). Mother f... most important stuff where register call and sms and luckily i put them backuin cloud too with glcloud...
See now if it's ok...let's hope that. You have some troubles? I never turn the phone off..

I don't know why some guys talking about non-MI2/s devices in here. It's so confusing!
ok now I know why.

Last edited:
But cMIUI has got root!! So i had to revert back to cMIUI because i need root for Titanium Backup!
With TB I had only bad experience. MIUI backup works good enough.

Yes, you can install SuperSU IF you have custom recovery. With Xiaomi recovery it will install from update.zip but after reboot MIUI will tell you you need to install new update (!) which will actually remove the su/SuperSU.
The whole thing is to have a native Security App thanks to which you can avoid bricking your Mi Pad.

tKxzLAy.jpg

//edit: Device: Mi2S
About USSD codes http://xiaomi.eu/community/index.php?posts/248069 and the following two posts.

Изпратено от моя XiaoMi Mi2S през Tapatalk

Reactions: reijin and Radnou
Bluetooth works with 5.5.29 on Mi2S but when you listen to music with a bluetooth speaker, sound is bad.
Bluetooth calls work well, and everything else seems to work (my bluetooth gps works like a charm)

In my case BT calls works but is instable and with a rather bad quality... As BT might be an issue for the majority here: Sebsch, could you please look a bit closer into that topic depending on your priorities?

Cheers,

Matze

Reactions: Ludovic815
shots.png
WHAT IS IT ?
sMiUI is based on the MIUI v6 KitKat Special Version released by XIAOMI. It aims to be as customizable as possible, means that you can either install an "almost stock" ROM with great performance and some nice tweaks, or install lots of nice Features like CPU Frequency Limiter, Sound and GPS Tweaks, Special Apps and a lot more...
This is possible due to the great AROMA installer. It makes it possible to choose your own Mods while installation!
For AROMA Installer you will need a custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP.
If you have stock Mi-Recovery installed or want to install sMiUI with the MIUI Updater App, you can choose the "normal" Version, which comes with all sMiUI default Mods/Features!

sMiUI is built from xioami.eu weekly multilanguage releases, so any requests for languages or translation bugs should go to the translation team.

It is also released every Friday with ongoing development and loads of new Tweaks, based on communities' Feedback!
Supported devices: Mi2/s | Mi2A | Mi3 | Mi4 | Mi-Note | RedMi2 | RedMi Note 4G

FEATURES:
  • no pre-FastbootInstallation needed ! (taurus)
  • AROMA Installer
  • Center-Clock MOD (iOS Style)
  • CPU Freq Limitation ( see more here ) (aries,cancro,virgo)
  • Disable Volume adjustment BEEP (Only KK Devices)
  • CRT-OFF Screen Animation (Only KK Devices)
  • VolumeBoost (aries,cancro,virgo)
  • init.d Support
  • PhilZ Touch Recovery (aries)
  • True Dual Boot
  • AdBlocker (patched hosts File) (HowTo)
  • busybox
  • CWM Recovery (aries,cancro,virgo)
  • fstrim (FileSystemOptimization)
  • Zipaligned APKs
  • Qualcomm optimized Xperia Z3 libs (cancro,virgo)
  • Optimized build.prop
  • Optimized battery Life
  • Optimized GPS
  • SuperSU pre-Installed
  • and many more...

Included Languages
English | Chinese | Polish | Slovak | Czech | Bulgarian | Hungarian | French | Russian | Croatian | Vietnamese | Italian | Greek | Dutch | Spanish | Turkish | Brazilian-Portuguese | Portuguese | Norwegian | German | Hebrew

HOW TO INSTALL:
AROMA-Version:
  1. Download ROM
  2. Put Rom on your /sdcard/
  3. Reboot into ClockWorkMod or TWRP Recovery Mode
    Installation will not work with default Recovery or through Updater APP !
  4. Wipe Data /Factory Reset (optional)
    This is for clean installation and will wipe all your Apps and Config. Backup is recommended!
  5. Install Zip from SD-Card
  6. AROMA will start and lead you through the Installation
  7. Reboot your device
Normal-Version:
  1. Download ROM
  2. Put Rom on your /sdcard/
  3. Install Zip with Updater APP or Mi-Recovery
  4. Reboot your device
You can check your Configuration in /sdcard/MIUI/sMiUI_boot.log !

smiuidownload.png

Mi2/s --- aries --- 5.0

Mi2A
--- taurus --- 4.4

Mi3/Mi4
--- cancro --- 4.4

MiNote
--- virgo --- 4.4

RedMi2
--- HM2014811 --- 4.4

RedMi Note 4G
--- dior --- 4.4

RedMi 2 TD (2GB)
--- HM2014813 --- 4.4

Mi Pad
--- mocha --- 4.4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROM-Archive (old Versions)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like my work, buy me a beer.
All $$ will instantly be transformed to liquid happiness

Donators:
------
@lekzzz (++++)
@Ludovic815 (++)
@Andrejs P.(++)
@Mathias T.(++)
@jauling (++)
@robi (++)
@jack4ya (++)
@Sebastian Bernhard (++)
@Jacob J.(++)
@Richard_Cardell(++)
@tmz83(++)
@Jordan87 (+)
@pollozzo (+)
@stillka(+)
@Danielk(+)
@rendolf(+)
@Papawich I.
@Alessandro P.
@annihilator

------

boot1.gif
boot2.gif

Download BootAnimation 1080p
Download BootAnimation 720p
Replace /system/media/bootanimation.zip and set permissions

------

mixplorer_skin2.png
mixplorer_skin1.png
mixplorer_skin3.png

Download sMiUI Skin for
MiXplorer
MiXplorer is included in sMiui and available via AROMA
Thanks to:
*xiaomi.eu Team
for xiaomi.eu BaseROM
*wajk for lots of impressions
*Kyruf for sMiUI Logo and Beta-Testing
*All Donators for supporting my work
Is it possible to have Gapps in the aroma? That would be awesome

I've read that the stack was updated from a rather difficult Bluez based implementation to a more Android supporting version. While Bluez had an unnecessary complicated structure, the new version does not. Then again, the bugs that were filed over one year are a factor 10 over those of Bluez.

Now... you can still use the Bluez stack in Android 4.4.4 as I understood. There is a tutorial on XDA somewhere that explains how (this is a developer thing, not something end-users would do). How to: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2640723

For me, I've had no troubles with 4.4.4 and BT sound to my car or BT speaker. I did have troubles with filetransfers and contact pictures displaying in my car. These two used to work fine, but don't anymore in 4.4.4

Hello all! I flashed version 5.6.4 aroma version and lost cwm, is this normal? I don't think i saw anyone talking about that, sorry if i'm mistaken but how can I get back cwm? Just install normally with the update.zip?

Thanks for your help!

As there is no easily working CWM for the current Lollipop sMIUI, you have to live without CWM (and rely on the standard recovery and updater) or go back to a KK version of sMIUI (27.3. is the last if I remember correctly).