[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

right place here for bug?

smiui base 5.12.17 device mi2s

blue tooth connection disconnects when disconnecting the charger cable.

Sent from my MI 2SC using Tapatalk

Yup, it's the right place. I can confirm this bug too on mi2s, happened when using car Bluetooth with phone and disconnected the charger.

sMiUI 5.12.24 is currently uploading, check out sMiUI.net for status !

If you need coupon codes or discounts for xiaomi phones @ gearbest.com, please just let me know. I will ask my contact and publish the coupon codes on smiui.net :)

I have noticed that some of you guys bought phones or accessories @ gearbest.com . Please let me know if you are satisfied with their service. I dont want to have a cooperation with bad resellers!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

I have noticed that some of you guys bought phones or accessories @ gearbest.com . Please let me know if you are satisfied with their service. I dont want to have a cooperation with bad resellers!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

My accessory is one the way, got stuck in the Xmas traffic but I'll get it next week and I'll report back here

Merry Christmas to you and thanks for this great optimized MIUI ROM.

My new stable for Mi2S. Good battery, very fast rom.
But for me new unlock animation is so much jumping.
Old bugs are present like scratch when listening music on headphones and *#*#MIUI#*#* not working.
Red Low Battery led is working when battery drop under 10% - very nice.
And GoogleSyncAdapterService is again in rom

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI

Reactions: pollozzo
I tried to flash 5.12.24 via the updater: failed. Then tried to update it via TWRP: failed with a "failed to extract dir from system to /system". Then tried to make a 'fast version' of the ROM and install it via TWRP: same error. Then installed my old, already installed 5.11.12: succes.

@sebsch1991 :Is the Mi2S version corrupt?

I tried to flash 5.12.24 via the updater: failed. Then tried to update it via TWRP: failed with a "failed to extract dir from system to /system". Then tried to make a 'fast version' of the ROM and install it via TWRP: same error. Then installed my old, already installed 5.11.12: succes.

@sebsch1991 :Is the Mi2S version corrupt?
Can someone confirm ?

Can someone confirm ?

I'm on 5.12.24 and updated with Updater app (with clean cache marked). (Mi2s)

Working fine, in a matter of fact, all the updates after 5.11.19 when the system partitons got merged went smooth and always using Updater app.

Just found a single bug this week, led notification won't turn off (happened two times this week and I had to reboot the phone). But I think it can be a Whatsapp bug, since I found some users with other roms reporting this same problem.

hi, is possible to have this rom without root? i mean if i go to the web page of the rom and choose a dev rom as base and to remove supersu root option, the rom will be without root or will have the root aniway like in the dev rom also without supersu?

Can someone confirm ?
Hmm one confirmation. I am not sure what to do now. I've tried a couple of variations. Maybe I should bake a new ROM. Or try the newest 'standard' MUI for the Mi2S. Last thing I tried: unplugging it from everything. I thought it might be something to do with the phone having its partitions mounted. Any advice @sebsch1991 ?

best wishes for all !!

is it possible to customise themes? once it was possible but now I cannot find it.

am on smiui 5.12.17

best wishes for all !!

is it possible to customise themes? once it was possible but now I cannot find it.

am on smiui 5.12.17

Disable mobile and wifi connection. Clear the Themes app Data and Cache. And open the Themes app.

Reactions: rendolf
Well, it remains for me to wish you, new ideas, development.
Let sMIUI expands yours circle fans :)

TapTap Tapatalk+MI4W

I've just installed your ROM on mi Redmi Note 2.
My main concern is the battery duration and I hope that sMIUI can give some improvements on this side.

Anyway I've looked at gps.conf.
I think that there is no problem with all the NTP_SERVER entries, but all the entries pointing to xtra.bin are typical of Qualcomm devices (gpsOne is the name of a Qualcomm technology), which is OK for Qualcomm devices, but it's not for MeditaTek ones.
MediaTek devices use /data/media/EPO.DAT (http://epodownload.mediatek.com/EPO.DAT) and AFAIK there is no need to do further changes on gps.conf (many recent MTK devices don't even have it, I think RN2 included) other than adding NTP_SERVERs.

Ok, I've finally cracked my problem with the installing of any other rom than 5.11.12 on my Mi2S. This post is for future reference. I am not sure what the problem exactly was but I got a error copying system to /system error with ALL ROMS (OK except for 5.11.12). So I guess it was a partioning thing.
To solve: install miflash on your pc. Get a fastboot rom at http://en.miui.com/a-234.html . I used the stock chinese one. Point miflash at the ungzipped and untarred package (use 7-zip for that) flash_all.bat script. Reboot phone into fastboot with Power button and Volume down button. Flash the stock image. Boot it once. This takes forever! I am not kidding, 20 minutes at least.
Then reboot into fastboot once more. Make sure you have a custom recovery.img (TWRP or CWM) and ADB/Fastboot working. Issue the following commands:
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

The recovery.img should be in the same directory as your fastboot.exe (assuming you're in Windows).
Reboot into the custom recovery, pull the battery for that and use the Power and Volume Up button to boot into the custom recovery.

Then upload a ROM of your liking (SMIUI probably) to the phone and flash that via CWM or TWRP. After that, reboot. You'll have to wait a long long time before it boots completely. This is normal. Be happy.

Took me a long time to finally arrive at this point. I hope someone will have use for this post.