[ROMs] [4.12.5] Android 5.0 Lollipop for Xiaomi Mi 2/2S by Ivan Download

Latest SuperSu zip package from Chainfire won't help us gain Root Access in Ivan's AOSP ?

Nope, because of enforced SElinux in Kernel. Kernel has to be patched to gain root access. :( Has to be done by Ivan I think.

I think it's not that easy. Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 need patched kernels and I've tried SuperSu 2.16 and 2.19 Beta but both didn't work. But you can get a root adb shel afaik. But my knowledge of adb is limited... But maybe we can copy the stuf via adb shell?

I need root access to restore my all apps, contacts & messages backed up by Titanium Backup Pro to function normally. How do i back up & restore my stuff after Android L installation ? will Nandroid backup in recovery or creating flashable backup zip work for me ? even then i will be needing Root access to get most of my apps working smoothly. Isn't it ?

Did you try 2.01 version SuperSu ? few had success with that.

Same with 2.01. It says "Successful" but it doesn't show up with an App or in the settings... :(

€dit: But I'll try some other things. Maybe we get it working somehow.

I need root access to restore my all apps, contacts & messages backed up by Titanium Backup Pro to function normally. How do i back up & restore my stuff after Android L installation ? will Nandroid backup in recovery or creating flashable backup zip work for me ? even then i will be needing Root access to get most of my apps working smoothly. Isn't it ?

Did you try 2.01 version SuperSu ? few had success with that.
Relax, only experimental version of TB is working on LP. So even if you manage to get root, it might not work. In my option restoring apps including data from other Android version isn't brilliant idea.

Reactions: manohar
My wifi statusbar icon is moving 1px when the traffic arrows are shown? Can someone confirm that?

if the sdcard and internal storage is completely blown away and 5.0 is installed, will it have a unified partitioning scheme? getting tired of the separate partitions of the mi2s, would love to have a more modern android 4.4+ storage layout...

Relax, only experimental version of TB is working on LP. So even if you manage to get root, it might not work. In my option restoring apps including data from other Android version isn't brilliant idea.
Any Idea you can suggest us which we are not aware of it till now to get Root function working in our Device ?

somehow neither michas recovery, nor the xiaomi one work... Im on MIUI6 btw, stock recovery (Mi Recovery 2.0.1) updating fails everytime

Last edited:
Maybe in next release because it's a feature of Android 5
Not Android feature, but Nexus feature:

Double tap to wake: Speaking of waking up your Android device, you can just double tap the screen of the Nexus 9 tablet to wake it up. Like the advanced "Ok Google" command, it requires compatible hardware. We also hear it works on the Nexus 6.

I cannot find link for cwm 6.0.5.1

Sent from my Mi2S / MIUI6

Is it necessary? 6.0.5.0 working fine.
Could you please me? I have xiaomi.eu official MIUI6. How to flash cwm? As I know cwm not compatible with miui6...(I would like to try this release)

Sent from my Mi2S / MIUI6