Scratches on M2 display

Crazydriver64

Members
Jan 5, 2013
The M2 comes with dragontrail glass. Before my M2 I had a HTC HD2 with gorillaglass. This phone has no scratches after 3 years of use without screen protector. However, my M2 already has 2 scratches on the display after 1.5 month of use. So needless to say I believe dragontrail glass is less scratch resistent then gorillaglass.

If you own a new M2, I advise to use a screen protector.

Same here, I read somewhere when someone asked for a video from Xiaomi to test te glass that he should test it himself and Xiaomi would send him a new Mi2 when it would get scratched.

Mine has 2+ scratches already, they're not deep, but they're there. And I am very carefull with my Mi2, (always have it in 1 pocket without anything else.)

Strange. No case and had it since October and not one scratch for me.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

i too have scratches on my screen... is this really something xiaomi said they'd replace? because i also have a dead pixel...

whether it's dragontrail or corning gorilla, both can't rule out polishing elements, like wax and sand paper

i too have scratches on my screen... is this really something xiaomi said they'd replace? because i also have a dead pixel...

I thought I was the only one. I have 2 or 3 dead pixels and some backlight bleed on the lower left corner. But no scratches since I used a screen protector immediately after opening.

Neoprene Nexus One pouch has never failed me. No scratches on either of my MI-2 devices.

Wear and tear is not covered by the warranty, as for Dead pixels issues, you must have upwards of 6 dead pixels to be eligible for any type of replacement.

I would say you could try to send it back for repair but they have a threshold of (I think) 3 dead pixels as acceptable for sale in Chinese law. By purchasing from them you have agreed to the laws set out in the terms of sale (in this case China).

Yeah, I wasn't expecting 1 dead pixel to be enough for a warranty anywhere in the world...

Dude, screen protector film is a must on these kind of cellphones, I'm talking about touchscreen ones.

If you don't want to spend less than ten bucks more on that, then you deserve a scratched screen hmm...

Reactions: thangcoo
My camera lens have deep scrath about 6mm, on black area.
My friend borrow my M2, when its back I found many scrath on screen protector
plus camera lens

Also, one does not simply put the screen film himself.

Get a professional to do it for you or enjoy your bubbled screen

Also, one does not simply put the screen film himself.

Get a professional to do it for you or enjoy your bubbled screen

One mustn't simply be skilled enough to apply by ones self in that case. :p

Although a screen protector would be recommended with this device, had a few slight scratches appearing the week of use before having a screen protector. Applying one definitely removed a worrying factor haha.

Dude, screen protector film is a must on these kind of cellphones, I'm talking about touchscreen ones.

If you don't want to spend less than ten bucks more on that, then you deserve a scratched screen hmm...

I disagree, if we are indeed having dragontrail or corning gorilla

screen protector gets scratched much easier and it's visible during the day.. the screen protector is only a psychological guardian

have you tried not using screen protector, ever? I've been with my HTC Wildfire (corning gorilla) for 2 years and no scratches on the screen (plenty of scratches all around the other surfaces though)

I disagree, if we are indeed having dragontrail or corning gorilla

screen protector gets scratched much easier and it's visible during the day.. the screen protector is only a psychological guardian

have you tried not using screen protector, ever? I've been with my HTC Wildfire (corning gorilla) for 2 years and no scratches on the screen (plenty of scratches all around the other surfaces though)

In all honesty, unless you have a bad quality screen protector, it's more than likely always recommended to have one on a device that has a touch screen.

My brand new MI-2 with less than a week just got a little scratch. I´ve begin to question this dragontail screen resistance and I will buy a Invisible shield before other scratches happen.

if it's sandpaper, ANYTHING would get scratched! sandpaper is under polishing, not low-level scratches. I believe micro-fibres can leave scratches too

in the end... would you want to look at your phone through much easily scratched screen protector? It's your decision

in the end... would you want to look at your phone through much easily scratched screen protector? It's your decision

Or would you have more screen protectors at your disposal, so you can interchange whenever this issue happens?
Beats looking at your phone with a scratched up screen over time due to not using screen protectors; and replacing your Mi2 screen? Not so easy. I'd decide before the end result of this happening.
:)

Or would you have more screen protectors at your disposal, so you can interchange whenever this issue happens?
Beats looking at your phone with a scratched up screen over time due to not using screen protectors; and replacing your Mi2 screen? Not so easy. I'd decide before the end result of this happening.
:)

best option in my humble opinion.. I just think that it will not be easy to get a scratch on my own device... and I'm lazy :D

Yea i have my mi2 for a week now and i have a mini scratch you can barrely see i hope it stays whith 1. I ordered a MI2s on mentoo.com and they sent me a mi2 instaid :( i hope paypall buyers protecion will come between this.

Sent from my MI 2