Search for Most Stable AOSP rom, conclusion: QDT14 incl. tips&tricks & IVAN AOSP (update 7.3.2014)

Edit:

Well here is the most stable CM10.x rom available for our M2(S) :D :D :D:D:D:D:

Based on Mokee 42.2RC5 rom, I removed all the bloatware, added Google Android 4.2.2 keyboard. Also the camera is improved, using Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition Camera.

This is not the custom MK42.2RC6 rom which had novalauncher and some other bloatware.

Everything is working in this rom and multilanguage.
Camera and videorecording all ok, notification leds all ok, battery life = super!

To disable annoying listview:
Go to system --> Listview Animation --> Select "Off"

To enable 2G, 2G+3G toggle in Quick Settings Tiles:
"Wireless & Networks" --> "More..." --> "Mobile network settings" and then select "Use only 2G networks"

Download link here via Google Drive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0H81qsvg-aNNkpXSlVuUlpPcDQ/edit?usp=sharing

Gapps:
http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip

So it's better than micha? Ok lets try

edit: may u be more specific about what's ripped from the original mod? Why this is better than rc6?

Last edited:
So it's better than micha? Ok lets try

edit: may u be more specific about what's ripped from the original mod? Why this is better than rc6?
Hey,

I won't say its better then M1cha's it's different. Everything is working and battery life is very good according to many people here.
In this form I've uploaded it is almost exactly like pure CM (it is not, but almost). I'm running and testing it now, but I uploaded it right away because it is more like stock CM then the RC6 release.
Also this rom has a better camera like I stated.

The only other rom I will check out is cofface cm10.1 09092013 build, which is also stated in the OP.

Please help and give feedback, so we will know if it's true :)
It might be that another rom has maybe a bit better battery life. All I know for know is 2% battery drain in 10.30h on airplaine mode at night, which is good. Now testing in daily use, but others have been testing this rom already.

For example I only have tested cofface rom over moonlight rom, so I do not know if that one might be more stable(battery wise, for me the led notification colors did not work, only white), I will test that one too this week and hope to have a final conclusion. Join the discussion ;)

Last edited:
Ok I 'll try, first thing: it missed the option to reboot to recovery, or I'm who cannot find where's the option?

Ok I 'll try, first thing: it missed the option to reboot to recovery, or I'm who cannot find where's the option?
That's not a CM10.1 option.

Edit: ok, it does, see paulrlz comment, my bad :)

Last edited:
Hey,

I won't say its better then M1cha's it's different. Everything is working and battery life is very good according to many people here.
In this form I've uploaded it is almost exactly like pure CM (it is not, but almost). I'm running and testing it now, but I uploaded it right away because it is more like stock CM then the RC6 release.
Also this rom has a better camera like I stated.

The only other rom I will check out is cofface cm10.1 09092013 build, which is also stated in the OP.

Please help and give feedback, so we will know if it's true :)
It might be that another rom has maybe a bit better battery life. All I know for know is 2% battery drain in 10.30h on airplaine mode at night, which is good. Now testing in daily use, but others have been testing this rom already.

For example I only have tested cofface rom over moonlight rom, so I do not know if that one might be more stable(battery wise, for me the led notification colors did not work, only white), I will test that one too this week and hope to have a final conclusion. Join the discussion ;)

Does it have FM radio app?

hardly 12 hours for me with rc4 and rc6.. in stanby the power managment its ok 1/2% in 8 hours.. but when the phone its active, its too heavy..even with first core underclocked to 1.2ghz.. i said first core because without snake charmer (faux123 kernel feature) we can underclock only the first core.. damn, i really wanan deactivate 2 cores and set the max freq to 1.2ghz..

@paulrlz
Here GSAM Battery monitor predicts 24hours of battery usage for me, that is with about 5 hours of screen on time, 2G + Wifi on all the time.

I also debloated one of the moonlight roms, only that one has the 3 second audio bug in it and no ledlight colors for notifications, so I flashed the Cofface 09092013 rom over that one (this made the battery work and made it multilanguage) and my battery stats from that are in the battery stats thread, I got 35 hours of battery, with 3 hours of screen on time, most of the time almost all the time 2g + wifi, sometimes 3g, and after 35hours I still had 40% of the battery left.

I haven't tried cofface's rom on a clean install yet, maybe then that will have the best battery life, I will try it this week.
Download link for cofface:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0H81qsvg-aNMkl5YkFfRy1aWmM/edit?usp=sharing

Download link for Moonlight Debloated(This has 3sec audio bug and is only English & Chinese):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0H81qsvg-aNYTVweGJJbXg5Unc/edit?usp=sharing

Edit: I will post my own battery stats of RC5DEBLOAT when battery has been drained completely :) (Don't know if nova launcher eats that much battery lol)

@rosheko I didn't know about that one, do you have a description page? I'm downloading it right now :) Thanks
Edit: Can't find it on his blog..

Last edited:
first thing that piss me off (but probably because I'm noob): how I can uninstall the free version of root explorer that's embedded in the rom??? I want to dl the premium one but it keep saying that it's just installed because of the free one!!!

Back to WiUi

Reason : After 3 days of normal usage, battery again began to drain in stand by :(
Yesterday night slept with clearing cpu spy stats, Morning woke up after 8hrs standy by, cpu spy 99% Deep sleep, battery drain ~25%, Wakelock detector report : No wakelocks :(

Conclusion: Every third party rom has battery drain in my view

@takui enable debug usb for TB, or simply use the app suggested from robinhood00 :)

Tryed the app suggested, now root explorer isn't more in the app list but, when I try to install the new ones from the store, it ask if I want to update a system app and, sadly, when I hit yes, it does not do nothing giving me back a generic error... -.-

btw battery drain its the same or worst of micha rom, I'm using the phone for 3hours and I'm at 66%...

btw battery drain its the same or worst of micha rom, I'm using the phone for 3hours and I'm at 66%...
Dude, you're doing something wrong lol. Are we even talking about the same rom? I'm now at 24hours and I have 56% battery left ...
And please don't post two post after each other, just edit the last one. But I already know this rom is fine, but maybe cofface is slightly better, why don't you try that and help us finding the best rom :) ? Instead of just whining about lol.

@phani: That's weird.. Have you tried cofface CM10.1 27.09.2023? I haven't tried that yet.. for now MK seems good, but I guess it has a little more battery drain than Moonlight rom which you told me was based on cofface right? So that needs to be checked ^^