In Progress [SGS2][2.3.30] Keyboard issues

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Marc Demierre, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Marc Demierre

Apr 1, 2012
    Male
    Computer Scientist
    Fribourg, Switzerland
    Hello!
    I have completely wiped my SGS2 and flashed the latest ICS MIUI (2.3.30). I have encountered two bugs with the keyboards:
    • There are two "Android keyboard" apps. They can't be disabled in the IME settings.
      • Version 4.0.3 - 2.3.30 : I guess it's the one from MIUI (because of the version number)
      • Version 4.0.4 - 255454
    • The samsung IME has problems with other languages/layouts
      • With the French language, the "z" key inputs a "y" (and "y" inputs a "z"). "z" is where "y" is on the US keyboard". However, when long pressing the "z" key to insert a special z derivative, it inputs the right character. In fact, it seems that the keyboard switches to a qwertz layout for all languages. For French from France it should have an "azerty" layout.
      • It has no dictionaries for languages other than English
    Can someone confirm those issues? I posted screenshots with the relevant info. I don't think a logcat would be useful in this case, but I can provide one if needed.

My device info :
    Model: Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100
    MIUI version: 2.3.30 ICS (Full wipe before flash)
    Radio : I9100XXKL1

EDIT: I removed the 4.0.3 Android keyboard with Titanium and I haven't had any problem yet.

Attached Files:

2. iBotPeaches

iBotPeachesScript Gatekeeper

Oct 31, 2011
    Kansas
    This is how to submit a bug report. Thanks for following the guidelines and going above and beyond. You've provided enough information to pass some information on.

3. Marc Demierre

Apr 1, 2012
    Male
    Computer Scientist
    Fribourg, Switzerland
    Yeah I'm a developer myself and I hate half-baked bug reports with vague information or rants probably as much as you guys do ;) Just one thing: I think it would be great to put a guide on how to use the logcat for beginners in the READ FIRST post or another sticky.

I hope this bug gets solved soon. In the meantime, I will try to remove one of the keyboards with Titanium.

4. skynet84

skynet84Members

Aug 23, 2011
    Same problem with the Samsung keyboard... no dictionary other than english!
    I've a Galaxy s2 and i did a full wipe before flashing it! With the version 2.3.23 keyboard samsung is working properly but with the version 2.3.30 there is no dictionary!

5. Marc Demierre

Apr 1, 2012
    Male
    Computer Scientist
    Fribourg, Switzerland
    Do you also have two android keyboards in the IME settings? And the layout issue?

6. skynet84

skynet84Members

Aug 23, 2011
    The layout is ok and in the list of keyboards i have "Android keyboard" and the "Samsung ime". I think this something very simple to fix but I don't know how...
    Do you think if i use titanium to backup the samsung keyboard working and install it in the new rom, will it work? Or any other suggestion?

7. Marc Demierre

Apr 1, 2012
    Male
    Computer Scientist
    Fribourg, Switzerland
    So it seems like it's an isolated issue. Can a second person confirm that the two android keyboards bug does not affect his device, so the admin can close the bug? I will try to wipe and flash again this evening...

Share Our Site