Smart Space Heater S - Critical Issue

I have a similar automation setup but relying on the heater sensor.
Will get a hub and do it from the external temp sensor

Anyone noticied the environment temperature is missing on the app?

And I've selected the heater as a temperature source:

Thanks for your reply.

I reinstalled the device on the app and now shows the temperature.

Maybe this problem was caused by adding a Mi Temperature and Humidity Monitor 2 and removed after noticing that only works via Bluetooth. I know to work well I must have a Gateway

Any news? The problem is solved?

And the support xiaomi What do they say about this big error of not turning off reaching the desired temperature?

Reactions: nmsgoncalves
Hi, I just bought mine today, /received it today) and I also have the same issue. Only way it turns off is by scheduling an Off timer. Makes no sense, the Temperature thermostat doesn't seem to be working. I am hoping for an update, otherwise I have to return it to the store I bought it. It´s a shame, because it does heat very well but haveing this issue... was not what we paid for. I see there are Portuguese users here. Saudações.

Thanks for your reply.

I reinstalled the device on the app and now shows the temperature.

View attachment 33955

Maybe this problem was caused by adding a Mi Temperature and Humidity Monitor 2 and removed after noticing that only works via Bluetooth. I know to work well I must have a Gateway

Sempre vai devolver/devolveu o aquecedor? O meu tem o mesmo problema... o termostato é como se n existisse

and hungarian :D and pretty sure bunch of us from all over europe. so i think we're better off keeping it international :D

I unboxed mine today, and I was pretty happy with it... until I found out it won´t turn off when set temperature is met. That means little to no energetic efficiency and that I can´t leave it unattended as I was hoping for.

Reactions: Infusion
Hi, I just bought mine today, /received it today) and I also have the same issue. Only way it turns off is by scheduling an Off timer. Makes no sense, the Temperature thermostat doesn't seem to be working. I am hoping for an update, otherwise I have to return it to the store I bought it. It´s a shame, because it does heat very well but haveing this issue... was not what we paid for. I see there are Portuguese users here. Saudações.

As far as I know this equipment was launched 2 months ago, so far no official communication or a promise of future correction by xiaomi.. I think you should try to contact them in an official way by email or by the official store in Portugal.. Then depending on what they say there decides whether it's worth giving it back or not. Even because in the instruction manual there it turns off reaching the temperature (this is basic, even a heater of 10 € does this, let another "smart")

Hey there! I am portuguese too and I bought this heater four days ago and I have the same issue... I really hope that very soon will be out a new firmware update so I don't need to return it. If you have some news, please let us know here :)

As far as I know this equipment was launched 2 months ago, so far no official communication or a promise of future correction by xiaomi.. I think you should try to contact them in an official way by email or by the official store in Portugal.. Then depending on what they say there decides whether it's worth giving it back or not. Even because in the instruction manual there it turns off reaching the temperature (this is basic, even a heater of 10 € does this, let another "smart")
Exactly. Smart but not so smart. I will contact my seller tomorrow since I didn´t bought it in the Official store. Anyway... I don´t know which one to get next. I really liked this one and its "theoretical" features. And I got it at a good price too. 80 Eur

Reactions: dylanlopes
Exactly. Smart but not so smart. I will contact my seller tomorrow since I didn´t bought it in the Official store. Anyway... I don´t know which one to get next. I really liked this one and its "theoretical" features. And I got it at a good price too. 80 Eur

I don't know which one to get next too... I wanted a heater that turns off after reaching the desired temperature, that's the most important feature that I wanted :/

I don't know which one to get next too... I wanted a heater that turns off after reaching the desired temperature, that's the most important feature that I wanted :/

Exactly, I think the basics of a heater with thermostat is to turn off when it reaches a set temperature, or there was no way to pay the electricity bill with it constantementre on (besides heating the room too much) needed one now, but I will not buy until this is corrected or come out a new version
Am portuguese too :)

Reactions: dylanlopes
Exactly, I think the basics of a heater with thermostat is to turn off when it reaches a set temperature, or there was no way to pay the electricity bill with it constantementre on (besides heating the room too much) needed one now, but I will not buy until this is corrected or come out a new version
Am portuguese too :)

I am going to return mine. The store will take it and refund me. Do you guys recommend another model (from another brand) as an alternative?

Vou devolver o meu, com muita pena. A loja aceita e far-me-á a devolução do dinheiro. Há algum modelo que voçês recomendem como alternativa, e um que funcione realmente? Obrigado

I am going to return mine. The store will take it and refund me. Do you guys recommend another model (from another brand) as an alternative?

Vou devolver o meu, com muita pena. A loja aceita e far-me-á a devolução do dinheiro. Há algum modelo que voçês recomendem como alternativa, e um que funcione realmente? Obrigado

That I have seen there is nothing of the kind unfortunately at this price .. I also looked but I did not find anything, just an equivalent to this, but it is Chinese version, has LCD and touch, there is a video even on youtube of a portuguese making the analysis..

It was a solution but for now only Chinese stores sell and even the outlet itself is a Chinese connection

I bought this heater today, I called the store that was out of stock and they said that they now received 160 new units, I told them about the problem and he told me that he knew, and if I detect this even if I returned the money without problem .. with this i bought it and i will test it and then leave feedback, if i have the problem (it is the most likely) i will return it too

Lots of tugas here!

Just got it yesterday as well, have the same issue everyone as reported so far, however for the price and considering how cold my house gets, I'm not thinking of returning it, as it still does a very good job at heating up the place. Just really hoping a firmware update can fix this (quite honestly, impressively silly) problem, and that it's not some kind of hardware design flaw, one I was not expecting from Xiaomi at all!

Side note, just wondering, because this post is mostly portuguese people (and maybe others with similar climates), could be something related to humidity, affecting the sensor or the expected sensor readings while the air is flowing through the device??

Lots of tugas here!

Just got it yesterday as well, have the same issue everyone as reported so far, however for the price and considering how cold my house gets, I'm not thinking of returning it, as it still does a very good job at heating up the place. Just really hoping a firmware update can fix this (quite honestly, impressively silly) problem, and that it's not some kind of hardware design flaw, one I was not expecting from Xiaomi at all!

Side note, just wondering, because this post is mostly portuguese people (and maybe others with similar climates), could be something related to humidity, affecting the sensor or the expected sensor readings while the air is flowing through the device??

That´s my dilema. Nothing compares to it at the same price range ( I paid 80 eur). It heats very well and fast my living room which is 39 square meters. I guess I won´t find anything that resembles it (form factor/silence), specially now that we are about to be in another lockdown due to the pandemic and stores will be closed. I Will have faith Xiaomi will provide a firmware update that fixes it, since I think it is a FW issue more than a Hardware problem. Today I am planning on visiting Worten and Fnac to see what they have in store. If they don´t have anything that suits me, I´ll keep it.

As for the humidity... I don´t think it has any relation. It seems the Thermal sensors are only reading and not actuating the thermostat when the set temperature is met.

Lots of tugas here!

I think that a firmware update could fix the problem, I think it is something that is not doing the automation to turn off when it reaches the desired temperature, even in the application itself I think you can do that

But this is a known issue, with several units returned worldwide and so far xiaomi has not communicated or fixed any fixes for this issue (and it's been 2 months since launch)

There was a store that received a new stock here in Portugal, and I had one come to test it, come tomorrow
but if the sensor doesn’t work, I’ll give it back, because in the product description, as well as the instruction manual, it says that the heater has this function (and it was not to be expected less)

Hey guys, I received it my today, but i can not connect with my wifi. I already tried with several version of MiHome app but without success.
Anyone can help me with this?
Thanks

Hey guys, I received it my today, but i can not connect with my wifi. I already tried with several version of MiHome app but without success.
Anyone can help me with this?
Thanks

Hum... it was fairly easy to connect here. Make sure you have bluetooth and location services activated.

Hum... it was fairly easy to connect here. Make sure you have bluetooth and location services activated.

I have all of services activated.
I'm always having this problem as the image describes.

Any idea?

Attachments

• smarthome.jpg
    smarthome.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 232
I don’t know if this makes any sense but what do you think to create a Telegram group about this issue? So we can all talk easily about that and stay tuned. I think the automation to turn off my heater worked for the first time minutes ago and I think the temperature is now showing correctly when the heater is on. Let me see what happens next!