SMS bugs miui v5

kokotas

Members
Feb 23, 2013
Hello! I have encountered some bugs using the miui sms application, and I wonder if anyone else has as wll or if there is any solution.

1st: Using stock keyboard in landscape, it pushes the message area up to the contacts bar making it very hard to see what you're typing. Here is a screenshot:
BBaqkx2.png

Using swype there is no problem.

2nd: In some cases writing a message and pressing the send button doesn't respond as it should. Normally it should move the message from the text area to a green bubble but in my case it just does nothing. If I press the home button at this point, after a few seconds I will get a notification that my message has been send. I have had this since many versions but I don't remember when I first noticed it.

Currently using latest multilanguage build.

There's no fix for that yet as MMS app doesn't support rotation (landscape view) at all. In miuiandroid build we just enable this feature but the app not always works as it should. It works for MI2 and some other devices.

Wysłane z MI 2

Reactions: kokotas
Oh wait, it works? After yesterday's flash (using MiFlash), I still have that bug. SoI bet there still is that bug for every device using MiuiAndroid rom. Wish there is an option to disable landscape writing in SMS app.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

thanks for clarifying this acid. truth is it doesn't work for mi2 either but it's not that big of an issue. I'm more worried about the second bug. Weird that no one else has experienced it. I guess it could be another problem with the radio instead of SMS app bug?

What rom you have? Miuiandroid? Why you flash with MiFlash instead of Updater?

There's no fix as MMS app doesn't have support for rotation. I use miuiandroid (well my rom built on top of miuiandroid) and never had this problem. And we can only turn on or off this feature. And if most people doesn't have that issue then rotation will stay for awhile.

Wysłane z MI 2

I flashed it using MiFlash in order to have clean fresh rom. And yes, I know that I can update it using updater... I regulary do it. Anyway, I again don't understand what are you trying to say - Once, you state that there is bug with MMS app, and then you state, that it's fully working for you. Can you explain me this?

Well because most users with.. Xiaomi MI-1S reported that issue and I was awere of this all the time. But I never had this bug on my MI-2. Maybe bug is related to keyboards.. Do you use stock keyboard?

I have never used stock keyboard. I have Swift Keyboard but also on Swype I dont have issue. Do you maybe use and old theme?

LOL.. Ok I changed to stock keyboard and yes. I have that bug. So its keyboard related. Just use SwiftKey or other from market. And I will begin testing some other stock keyboards to replace MIUI stock.

I like this stock, default keyboard, which is exactly user-friendly to me. I don't use any prediction and I am not going to use any. I like my qwerty.

I see. But you know that there are much better keyboards out there?

Wysłane z MI 2

Well, there can be, but just like I said, I like that stock jelly bean. I've been looking for some keyboard this evening, and I found some Perfect Keyboard, which seems to respond fast as well as keeping that old, jellybean design. I only miss that awesome MIUI key onclick sound...