[solved] [8.12.27] on Mi8, light/torch is not turning on

adrenochrome

Members
Apr 11, 2013
Hi,
using last weekly, the flashlight refuse to turn on using notifications shortcuts (the icon stay disabled), same from lockscreen + left menu
it's not broken since it the camera flash is functional
i didnt find any report about this problem, so is there an easy way to fix this ?

thanks in advance

I had this problem with 8.12.20. A reboot fixed the problem. I don't have it in 8.12.27.

Before the reboot, try to turn on the flash from the camera app, video mode in the upper left corner - torch and see if it's working.

Regards!

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

I'm using it always so i would notice this issue.

On latest 27 i don't have that problem.

Did you perform a clean flash? Probably not, so try to do a clean.

Thanks for your replies
- light works from video as for photo
- it was a full clean install : ALL partitions wiped from twrp

As I said I made a clean install :
New phone, unlock, latest fastboot, twrp, wipe system,data,internal storage,caches(=everything available in twrp wipe selection), xiaomi.eu 8.12.27, magisk

I start to think that ironically the reason it work for some people is that it remains something from previous versions which may be missing in last 8.12.27 ;)

If I remember well, in previous MIUI (7or8) on redmi4x, there was a flashlight app in 'tools' folder, maybe a hint about what is missing ... or this app was removed in his stand-alone form in latest MIUI versions ?

I had this problem with 8.12.20. A reboot fixed the problem. I don't have it in 8.12.27.

Before the reboot, try to turn on the flash from the camera app, video mode in the upper left corner - torch and see if it's working.

Regards!

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

I had this problem with 8.12.20 too. Can you explain more how to fix the problem ?

Hi,
using last weekly, the flashlight refuse to turn on using notifications shortcuts (the icon stay disabled), same from lockscreen + left menu
it's not broken since it the camera flash is functional
i didnt find any report about this problem, so is there an easy way to fix this ?

thanks in advance

I have confirm that that problem is occur after installed Magisk

Update:clean cache in twrp solved

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: adrenochrome
I think the problem is elsewhere. There was officially no China Dev 8.12.27 published. Also, no Global Dev 8.12:.27 for the MI8. I suspect that a closed beta was used. On the official Xiaomi Site in China it was reported that there are Problems with the Version 8.12.27. In the MI8Pro (equuleus) the flashlight works, with a double-click on the power button as it should be.

After reboot the phone, the problem is come again @_@

indeed ! but not at the first reboot, at second, that's crazy .... :/

so i removed the "solved" tag from the thread

Hello, I had the problem also.

I moved the icon to annother place. Everything is working fine.

Reboot -> everything is fine. Moved the icon to the old place -> everything is fine :)

Regards Kater

yes for me it's solved since i upgraded from 8.12.27 to 9.1.3
but i'm convinced it must be a combination of actions affecting settings related to this app
- cache&dalvik clearing from twrp
- notification shortcut moving
- miui updating