[Solved] Flashed Xiaomi.eu onto my Mi Mix 2, rebooted, now the phone is sitting at the "MIX" loading screen, with the "Powered by Android" dots.

stupidcanuck

Members
Jul 8, 2018
Coming from LineageOS 15.1.

From TWRP, I formatted data, rebooted. Flashed xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMix2_V9.5.6.0.ODECNFA_v9-8.0.zip, wiped cache, rebooted to System. Now it's just sitting at the screen that says "MIX" in the center and "Powered by Android" in the bottom, with the 3 dots moving.

Probably been 15min now, no change.

Did I do something wrong, how can I fix this?

It sound same but it's not same.. There is option in TWRP to format userdata

Tried a slightly different method suggested on the /r/Xiaomi subreddit.

1. Enter TWRP.
    If the device asks for decryption password, input the PIN/password you use on your lock screen. If that doesn't work, format data in the Wipe menu, then reboot into TWRP.
    Optional: In the Backup menu, create a backup that you can restore in case something goes wrong. TWRP is also MTP enabled so if you connect the phone to a PC, media in the internal and external storage become accessible.
  2. Connect the phone to your PC and transfer everything you want to flash to the phone's internal or external storage (micro SD).
  3. Go to the Install menu, browse for the things you transferred to your phone and install them.
    After installing a ROM/GApps, wipe the Dalvik Cache and Cache partitions. If you're doing a clean install (switching from a different ROM), wipe Data as well.
  4. Once you've installed everything, wipe Internal Storage.
  5. Finally, reboot into the system.

After about 2min of waiting at the MIX/Powered by Android Screen, the phone successfully booted Xiaomi.eu. Sitting at the "MIUI9" screen right now.

@ingbrzy so May I ask what is exactly the trick?
Is it crucial to wipe data after installation?
and what's the point of wiping internal storage?