Solved: Messaging Bug In Stable 9.1.5.0 Xiaomi Rom For Mi Mix 2?

Dogtanians

Members
Oct 12, 2017
Hey guys

I moved from the official 9.1.1.0 Global Stable to Xiaomi.eu 9.1.5.0 Stable on my Mi Mix 2 but now whenever anyone sends me sms messages with emoji in them the emoji don't show, I just get blank boxes. Emoji's I send to other people appear in my messages okay and appear on other phones okay.

Screenshot.png

Has anyone else experienced this? How do I fix it? It worked properly on the Global Stable rom.

Sorry if this is silly and there's an obvious answer!

Still happening unfortunately, really weird. Hopefully the next update will fix it! Whatsapp etc still work normally at least :)

Sorry for another reply but I have a bit more info to add :)

Emoji's show up fine if I receive a text from a friend who has a Redmi 4 Prime with the Xiaomi.eu weekly rom but emoji's don't show up if I receive a text from a friend who has a Mi 5s Plus on the V9.1.1.0 official Global Stable rom. Very weird issue, not sure if it's an issue with my phone or theirs.

I see you guys released V9.1.9.0 for the Mi Mix 2 a few hours ago so I'll install it on my phone today and let you know if it fixes it :)

Are you talking about the built in Mi SMS app? Then try this, maybe it helps: go to SMS app, open settings with the menu button, scoll down to the bottom and disable "Use GSM alphabet".

Reactions: Dogtanians
Are you talking about the built in Mi SMS app? Then try this, maybe it helps: go to SMS app, open settings with the menu button, scoll down to the bottom and disable "Use GSM alphabet".

That worked, thanks! I had to change that setting on my friend's Mi 5s Plus and that fixed it, I don't gave a "Use GSM alphabet" option on my Xiaomi.eu rom, it isn't there.

Glad you managed to figure it out though, thanks again!

You're welcome.
The developers here introduced this feature since weekly 7.3.2 in all eu-ROMs. Look at the first post in every weekly thread at Our ROMs features (Whats not in Global).

Reactions: Dogtanians