[solved] Mi5 Can't Wakeup From Standby

shackfu

Members
Aug 18, 2016
Hi everyone,
since yesterday I am a proud owner of a Mi5.
Everything is working great, but I have one big problem with the standby.

Everytime I lock the phone, or the phone is going automatically to standby after a time, I am not able to wake it up again.

I can hear the sound, when I press the volume button or when I am presing the power button but the display stays black. Only way out is by lonmg pressing powerbutton to reboot the device.

I applied already for a unlock bootloader priv at xiaomi. Updater says that no new updates are available.
Can I do anything other than reflash it with another rom?

I think the hardware is ok because everything is working great as long I dont enter the standby.

I am very greatful for hints.

About phone:
MIUI Global 7.5.2.0.0(MAAIDE)

Regards
Lars

You are on a fake miui version. I suggest you to repair your proximity sensor with the test menu. Open dialer and write *#*#6484#*#* and then do the proximity sensor check. I had a problem like this and i solved in this way. When you will receive your unlock permission change rom because it is fake

Thanks for your tip. Unfortunately it didn't helped.

I think I have to wait for the unlock permission then.

Just wanted to update the topic ...
Only flashing the rom resolved this problem. Think it was a bad vendor rom flashed to the phone.

Again many thanks for the suggestions!

Reactions: Cecco
hi, i just bought my mi5 online and i realised that i experience the same symptoms as you.

how do i flash the rom?

thank you. i managed to solved it by transferring the official rom to my phone via usb and then updating it through my phone. i would not have known that the rom given to me was fake until i found this thread.