[Solved]Want to move to developer ed. but can't backup

gasparov

Members
Jul 26, 2011
Root permission has been removed from stable miui build and i'd like to move to to developer edition without losing my data
  • titanium backup doesn't work since i don't know how to get root
  • miui backup doesn't work, it can do the backup but the backup itself is too fast (90 apps in few seconds). At the end of the backup procedure a lot apps show 0 size. If I close the backup and fire it up again the backup entry is not shown
I'm pretty much stuck

Ok it seems that the problem with the miui backup wasn't related to root but to the sdcard.
For some reasons the sd card stopped working in a strange way. For example I was able to create a new folder with file explorer and i could see it, the same for pictures i could take a picture and see it in the gallery. After rebooting everything disappeared, new folder and new picture gone. Removing and reinserting the sd card had no effect. So I mounted the card on the desktop and create a new file, I reinserted the sdcard in the phone and the new file was there. After this the sdcard started to work again.
Usually in linux filesystems are mounted readonly if errors are detected, this wans't the case since there were no errors on the sdcard partition (i use gentoo linux on my desktop)

Just flash beta over stable without wipe. Should work in theory.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Yeep it worked, thanks.

TTS disappeared but imanaged to get it back by installing a non Google engine