Stable Xiaomi.eu Miui 9.5.2

@a.pedro and mrosi
I did following steps:
- flashed current fastboot image of original global beta via fastboot and xiaomiflash tool
- startet device into fastboot
- installed raupes twrp (details about version as mentioned some posts above)
- installed 9.5.2 stable xiaomi eu
- installed magisk v16
- cleared cache
- restarted -> bootloop

Is format data needed after fastboot flash with "clean all"?

The original global beta is working.

@a.pedro and mrosi

Is format data needed after fastboot flash with "clean all"?

The original global beta is working.

I have had many, many Xiaomi phones (3/4 by year on average ;) ), and rules below have beeen checked out by myself many times.

You should do MiFlash with clear all data option marked. Always. If something is going wrong - do MiFlash in EDL mode, instead fastboot mode.

Wipe cache and ART/Dalvik can be not enough sometimes. After TWRP installing, perform three steps to prevent bootloop:
1. Format Data -> write down "YES" and confirm.
2. Swipe to Factory Reset.
3. Advanced Wipe - mark all entries except "System". Confirm to perform.

After that connect the phone to PC (whlie it is in TWRP mode) and copy the ROM to phone storage.

Last thing: install section in TWRP - choose the ROM and perform installation. After that DO NOT wipe cache or ART/Dalvik. Simply reboot to the system. Just after the installation is finished.

And that's all. I hope... ;)

Reactions: tokad
@mrosi
thx, post #27 did the trick.
The only thing to add is a reboot to Recovery after the 3 wipe tasks. Otherwise a transfer of the install zip is not possible.

If I copy rom 9.5 to my phones storage and update from 9.2 via the updater. that will work fine, yes?

I have twrp 3.2.1.0 by raupe installed. I tried updating it but the chiron isn't listed in install compatibility only the lithium.

You can extract the recovery from the fastboot software and replace it with a rigorous one

Wouldn't have a clue how to do that or even where to look.

What's the current version of twrp for chiron to work with the new 9.5?

Arghhhh, now your confusing things.

I have xiaomi.euV9.2.7.0 installed. There's an OTA update to 9.5.2.0 but OTA doesn't work. I have TWRP 8.0 which I can install to overwrite 3.2.1.0 and then I can flash rom xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMix2_V9.5.2.0.ODECNFA_v9-8.0 which was posted earlier in this thread. Now Pedro is talking about GLOBAL ROM and .eu isn't out when there's clearly a download link!

I have xiaomi.euV9.2.7.0 installed. There's an OTA update to 9.5.2.0 but OTA doesn't work. I have TWRP 8.0 which I can install to overwrite 3.2.1.0 and then I can flash rom xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMix2_V9.5.2.0.ODECNFA_v9-8.0 which was posted earlier in this thread. Now Pedro is talking about GLOBAL ROM and .eu isn't out when there's clearly a download link!

download rom to phone memory and update from file

Was trying to be super cautious so didn't brick my phone or anything. But copying rom 9.5 to phone memory, 3.2.1.0 twrp already installed and updating from choosing package in updater worked a treat.

Thanks all, will be back for help in 9.6 or something lol

The rom I'm talking " 9.5.4.0 Global Stable" is the official from en.miui.com.
you can flash rom multi_MIMix2_V9.5.2.0.ODECNFA_v9-8.0 or wait for the new v.9.5.4.0 from team xiaomi.eu, I prefer these roms.