Stock hyperos 1.0.5.0: apps using the integrated browser can't login. Stuck in login loop.

Falmer5

Members
Jul 4, 2022
Hi,
I'm running stock hyperOS 1.0.5.0 on a mi ultra 14. When I log into an app that use the integrated browser to do the login, I get stuck in a login loop. I enter my password and email address, click login, and the page send me back to the login page. It happens with apps from different companies such as Pocket, The economist, or a couple of french apps. I've tried switching the display of the login page to desktop mode but to no avail. Do you guys have any suggestions?

I finally figured a workaround to my problem. It would seem that my system as decided that Google Chrome can become a "dual app", where an app can be duplicated and used with a different account. Google Chrome isn't in the list of apps you can use as a dual app, but it seems that my system has decided it should have a second version anyway. Apparently, my problem is that the integrated browser used by apps for signing in is the second version of Google Chrome, and in that version I can't sign in anywhere. So instead I have shared the login page to the regular version of Google Chrome and was able to complete my signing in that way.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-07-23-00-50-13-607_com.miui.home-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-07-23-00-50-13-607_com.miui.home-edit.jpg
    926.4 KB · Views: 38