Stock Jellybean 4.1.1 on xiaomi M2/2S (Latest is QDT14 with Changelog)

hey i installed the update how do i get the google account back
all the google apps stop working

Qdt14 is ready by OTA ;)

Hello Geek78,

Could you kindly provide information on how to update via OTA?

If flashing a zip instead, is it an update only or a full re- install? Any assistance would be welcome..

L

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Is it possible to get miui camera working on latest stock build?

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Stock build qdt14 awesome, smoot and fluid but has some bugs

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

what bugs?

One more bug, while you speaking if you open numbers and use them the sensors are not working correctly. The screen is not turning to black when near of your ear so calling can end if your ear touch to screen.
Sorry for my bad english

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Another bug: sometimes all network connections stop working and reboot is required. Although wifi says connected or data mobile sign is there internet doesn't work.

Can anyone tell me if it would be possible to add paranoid android features to this rom?

jbrans

What Paranoid features? PIE controls is possible (search in XDA forum), but change the DPI or the new HALO interface isn't possible until now.

I really meant if it would be possible to turn this rom into paranoid (colors, dpi and halo). Pie doesn't make much sense on our phones as it has capacitive buttons, not onscreen buttons.

I really love miui, but what the paranoid team is doing with android is just incredible. I really hope Xiaomi releases their sources and give us the openness of android.

I really meant if it would be possible to turn this rom into paranoid (colors, dpi and halo). Pie doesn't make much sense on our phones as it has capacitive buttons, not onscreen buttons.

I really love miui, but what the paranoid team is doing with android is just incredible. I really hope Xiaomi releases their sources and give us the openness of android.

jbrans

Agree with you that Paranoid has evolved really much with interface than MIUI specilly with HALO and DPI modes, but until they release the source of latest Paranoid (I see the news that will be released soon) maybe this features can be ported individuality like PIE. Expect that Xiaomi release their source kernel, well since Mi-1 and we are getting closer to see Mi-3 and none until now. We rely our hopes on great developers like M1cha

Here are the links to the sources. Only requisite seems to have an AOSP rom.

https://plus.google.com/107979589566958860409/posts/LF2RNE9rHt1

BTW, it's a shame a company that owes so much to the platform decides to close sources. I bought this phone because I loved Miui in my HTC desire and because it was a rom thought it was open source.

I really love this phone but I'm still deciding if I should sell it for that reason. The only thing that keeps me from doing it is that I saved my money for this phone and at the same price tag only nexus 4 can be comparable and I don't really like the camera.

Sorry for off-topic but I thought paranoid features con be merged into rom if you have sources.

Yes,works fine.

I've just wiped all data, flash qdt14 from recovery, copy gapps to system/app with root explorer and set the permissions to 0644 then re-boot, but the play store just flashed a white screen and then closed.

Repeating the same procedure with qdt10 and play started up and requested login details as it should.

Any ideas as to which steps I've missed or done differently to you?

Thanks,

Tim

Flash gapps as a package or flash qtd10 update only (only few mb) found few pages back.

Flash gapps as a package or flash qtd10 update only (only few mb) found few pages back.

So I tried the 2nd option: I rebooted into recovery and without wiping any data, installed miui_NativeMI2_QDT14_44bd255a2d_4.1.zip (renamed it to update.zip). The play store doesn't work any more.

Is that the right file? It's 163MB which is bigger than "only few mb" and makes me think that this isn't the right one.

One thing that I didn't mention is that my phone is a Mi-2s, because I was hoping that this wouldn't make any difference.

What do you mean by "Flash gapps as a package"?

Thanks and sorry for all the noob questions.

Tim

Edit; forgot to mention that I installed qdt14 on top of a working qdt10 install. I also tried flashing the 4.1 gapps from goo.im - with no luck.

This is an update to QDT10, NOT a full ROM, it has to be installed on top of QDT10. Tested install via recovery only.

Changes: Multilanguage (based on Maguro JRO03C 4.1.1), LED notification color defaults to neutral white, PlayStore/Talk/GoogleTTS, Android 4.2 keyboard (swipe option), Superuser/su, Busybox-symlinks, EU-gps.conf, CM10.1 filemanager, hidden statusbar-carrier/notificationarea-toggles (swipe right-to-left in notification area to see toggles), removed MIUI-apps and old Android music app, zipaligned system/app/*.

Link: http://d-h.st/dOo (71Mb). Please use at your own risk.
Go to recovery and flash qdt14. Then wipe all data and flash this the qdt10 update in the post i quoted. Then it should work just fine...

Edit: if the above doesnt work the flashing gapps-jb-20121011-signed-1.zip search google for gapps....

Reactions: timmydog
Go to recovery and flash qdt14. Then wipe all data and flash this the qdt10 update in the post i quoted. Then it should work just fine...

Edit: if the above doesnt work the flashing gapps-jb-20121011-signed-1.zip search google for gapps....

Cool - thanks for the info and sorry for being too busy/lazy/rubbish to do a thorough enough search.

Having done a comparison of the files in qdt14 and the update-qdt10 zip files, there are quite a lot of apks that are different. I guess that some are patched versions and that some are the qdt10 known-to-be-compatible versions.

I'll do another comparison with qdt10 tonight (left it downloading before I left for work) for my peace of mind.

Once again,

Thanks,

Tim