Stuck In Edl Mode

gobbagh

Members
Feb 17, 2017
I bought a phone from GearBest and noticed that I wasn't getting OTA updates and and currently on MIUI 7 but guessing its vendor ROM. So I was digging around on how to flash MIUI 8, installed ADB and MIFlash and started following an online tutorial not really intending to do anything at this stage but ran the command "adb reboot edl" now its stuck in that mode.

It won't power off or respond at all, the only access I have is via MIFlash as the com port is still open and accessible but I am not sure which ROM to try to flash!

Any suggestions?

Press and hold the Power button for what seems an eternity....2-3 minutes....
Entering EDL (Emergency Download) mode
EDL mode is used in Qualcomm-based devices for unbricking and flashing purposes. EDL mode bypasses the bootloader, which is why third-party resellers use it to flash vendor ROMs and why users use it to get rid of those. There are several ways to enter EDL mode.

To get out of EDL mode, hold the Power button for about 10 seconds...it takes longer on some phones....

Thanks for the reply but I have already tried all combinations of buttons, I'm thinking of 2 options
1. If the phone runs out of battery will it reboot normally.
2. If I still have EDL connectivity try to flash correct ROM.

ROM suggestions accepted

Xiaomi MI4S miui 7.9 stable 7.92.5.0 lajcnd

Last edited:
Unplug phone from laptop. Press and hold simultaneosly for few minutes Power and Vol Down buttons until appeared Fastboot mode (bunny image). Plug again the phone to laptop, open on C - adb the Comand Prompt, type fastboot reboot, the phone will reboot on android. Good luck!