System Updates DOES NOTHING

nktc

Members
Mar 5, 2014
I've just received a Xiaomi MI3 WCDMA, MIUI version MIUI-JXDCNAL22.0

I would flash this phone from scratch and would like to upgrade to MNIUI V5: can anyone please point me to some doc or list the required steps to do this without the official "System Updates" in Settings->About Device which does not work ? (tried all kind of restore and wipe data, cache, etc) this option does not work.

The phone came preinstalled with Whatsapp, Facebook, Superuser (!!) which is strange because I bought this as a new phone and I'm sure it is now, just came preinstalled with some strange rom.

Nico

I've just received a Xiaomi MI3 WCDMA, MIUI version MIUI-JXDCNAL22.0

I would flash this phone from scratch and would like to upgrade to MNIUI V5: can anyone please point me to some doc or list the required steps to do this without the official "System Updates" in Settings->About Device which does not work ? (tried all kind of restore and wipe data, cache, etc) this option does not work.

The phone came preinstalled with Whatsapp, Facebook, Superuser (!!) which is strange because I bought this as a new phone and I'm sure it is now, just came preinstalled with some strange rom.

Nico
you got fake or ROM modded by shop.. install our ROM...

are you sure you bought the legit one?
seems strange to me to have superuser pre-installed..
try to check your hardware info..does it the same specs with the legit one?

can you post some pictures of your phone?
and maybe recovery menu picture (power + vol up)

I'm fairly sure the phone is authentic. I don't know how come the vendor put this MIUI version and why the system updates crashes. I'm taking some pictures and will attach them in the next post.
The recovery menu wants an update.zip file, where can I download it ? The MIUI rom from http://en.miui.com/download.html is for the updater app not for recovery, I suppose.

Thanks!
Nico.

just solved, the cleanup I was doing before the update in the recovery menu

Hi nktc,

I am in same situation as you did. The shop installed another version like yours that have playstore so buyers which do not know how to install play store from mi store can buy.

I tried to install using the recovery mode and the update.zip file but does not work.
How you cleanup in the recovery menu.

Please help me, i am really down after purchasing this phone from such %*#*# seller

Hi Xiaomieric,
all I did was to download the latest development ROM, renamed it to update.zip and moved it to the phone root directory.
I then switched to recovery mode and choose to update (do not clean up anything in the recovery menu).

What error do you get while updating ?

Nico

Hi,
I'm new in this forum and new miu user.
I have the same issue reported by Xiaomieric. The shop installed another version that includes playstore.
I checked in Xiaomi website the terminal (Mi3) is not a fake... and is not.
When I tried to upgrade through "About device --> System updates" nothing happens, so I tried to do it manually following the instructions mentioned: recovery mode + updated file (even wiping cache) but not works.
Message I have is "Install update.zip failed! Error applying update"
Any idea?
Please help me.
Thanks in advance

Just download our latest release manually..

~Tapatalk~

Where? And how can I upload?
I mean, if I use the option "About device --> System updates" nothing happens with other files.
Thanks.

Last edited:
On this forum..
Then Updater - menu - select installation zip - done

~Tapatalk~

I dont have that App in the menu. Indeed I think the miui shop is not installed neither.
How can I proceed.
Thanks again for your help

Everything working fine!! I used your lastest release: download from this site, renamed to update.zip, copied in root directory and from the recovery menu update.
Thanks a lot for your help