Time-stamp issue with SMS

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by jasrups, Nov 12, 2010.

1. jasrups

jasrupsMembers

Nov 12, 2010
    Is anyone having an SMS timestamp issue with this ROM? I flashed from CM 6.1 (did the necessary wiping and everything of course). My sent messages have the correct time stamp but my received messages show up as 5 hours earlier (ie. a message received at 2:30 pm will show up as received at 9:30 am). It's throwing off the order of all of my SMS conversations..

This is different than the time zone bug because my time zone is correct, it's just the time-stamp on the texts received that's causing the problems. I just tried another wipe/reflash without restoring any system data from Titanium and still had the issue. I checked my APN settings (I'm with Rogers Canada) and they were correct. Confused here, don't know what to do :S

Any help would be appreciated, this is a great ROM otherwise.

I'm using the latest version of MIUI

2. MarkHUK

MarkHUKFounder
    Staff Member

Hi,

It's a known issue, i'm waiting a till tomorrow / sunday to report back bugs to the developers as its pointless bombarding them with issues in multiple emails.

Thanks for your post though.

Cheers,

Mark

3. jasrups

jasrupsMembers

Nov 12, 2010
    Thanks for the quick reply Mark! I'm glad it's not just me and it's on the to do list

4. MarkHUK

MarkHUKFounder
    Staff Member

Works fine for GMT but not others I think, I tend to know from conversation on text when it was from my replies :) not ideal but it is a simple little work around :)

Cheers,

Mark

5. jasrups

jasrupsMembers

Nov 12, 2010
    That would make sense, I'm in a CST time zone

6. jasrups

jasrupsMembers

Nov 12, 2010
    The time-stamp issue has still not been fixed with the version 11.19. Any word on when this will addressed? Great update otherwise, I love the new theming system and the fact that the T9 dialer now works!

7. frishmans92

Nov 9, 2010
    I'm having this issue too :/ Droid Incredible.

8. v3rn

v3rnMembers

Dec 4, 2010
    I'm also having the issues. I'm in EST

9. Rpruitt

RpruittMembers

Nov 6, 2010
    I don't understand why this is taking so long to fix. I am a network Engineer and have other techs offsite text me alot and can't stand looking at wrong time. I just installed the cm SMS fix at http://www.mediafire.com/?8p0cfzcq6tc3n

only problem u can't do SMS themes but atleast the right times are shown now.

Sent from my ADR6300 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

10. joedirt

joedirtMembers

Dec 6, 2010
    Taco Salesman
    Dallas, TX
    Just went to 12.3 today and it seems that the timestamp issues I had with 11.26 are gone. CST.

11. Eskimo_Joe

Eskimo_JoeMembers

Nov 8, 2010
    Did you flash with or without a full wipe?

12. joedirt

joedirtMembers

Dec 6, 2010
    Taco Salesman
    Dallas, TX
    WITHOUT WIPE

13. Peanutbutter_N_Jelly

Nov 10, 2010
    This issue is still present for me on 12.3.0 after flashing over 11.26.1 with a cache/dalvik cache wipe.

Which file did you flash from that mediafire link? the one named "Mms-fix-11.05.zip"?

14. irsmurfette

Nov 25, 2010
    Just to throw my hat in.I'm having the same issue.

15. webeougher

webeougherMembers

Dec 1, 2010
    If you flash that file, you'll be able to download MMS attachments and your time stamp will work perfectly; however, it's the old MMS.apk, and you won't be able to theme it. You'll have to decide if that's a trade off you're willing to make.

Share Our Site