Time-stamp issue with SMS

jasrups

Members
Nov 12, 2010
Is anyone having an SMS timestamp issue with this ROM? I flashed from CM 6.1 (did the necessary wiping and everything of course). My sent messages have the correct time stamp but my received messages show up as 5 hours earlier (ie. a message received at 2:30 pm will show up as received at 9:30 am). It's throwing off the order of all of my SMS conversations..

This is different than the time zone bug because my time zone is correct, it's just the time-stamp on the texts received that's causing the problems. I just tried another wipe/reflash without restoring any system data from Titanium and still had the issue. I checked my APN settings (I'm with Rogers Canada) and they were correct. Confused here, don't know what to do :S

Any help would be appreciated, this is a great ROM otherwise.

I'm using the latest version of MIUI

Hi,

It's a known issue, i'm waiting a till tomorrow / sunday to report back bugs to the developers as its pointless bombarding them with issues in multiple emails.

Thanks for your post though.

Cheers,

Mark

markhuk said:
Hi,

It's a known issue, i'm waiting a till tomorrow / sunday to report back bugs to the developers as its pointless bombarding them with issues in multiple emails.

Thanks for your post though.

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks for the quick reply Mark! I'm glad it's not just me and it's on the to do list

Works fine for GMT but not others I think, I tend to know from conversation on text when it was from my replies :) not ideal but it is a simple little work around :)

Cheers,

Mark

markhuk said:
Works fine for GMT but not others I think, I tend to know from conversation on text when it was from my replies :) not ideal but it is a simple little work around :)

Cheers,

Mark

That would make sense, I'm in a CST time zone

The time-stamp issue has still not been fixed with the version 11.19. Any word on when this will addressed? Great update otherwise, I love the new theming system and the fact that the T9 dialer now works!

I don't understand why this is taking so long to fix. I am a network Engineer and have other techs offsite text me alot and can't stand looking at wrong time. I just installed the cm SMS fix at http://www.mediafire.com/?8p0cfzcq6tc3n

only problem u can't do SMS themes but atleast the right times are shown now.

Sent from my ADR6300 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Just went to 12.3 today and it seems that the timestamp issues I had with 11.26 are gone. CST.

This issue is still present for me on 12.3.0 after flashing over 11.26.1 with a cache/dalvik cache wipe.

I don't understand why this is taking so long to fix. I am a network Engineer and have other techs offsite text me alot and can't stand looking at wrong time. I just installed the cm SMS fix at http://www.mediafire.com/?8p0cfzcq6tc3n

only problem u can't do SMS themes but atleast the right times are shown now.

Which file did you flash from that mediafire link? the one named "Mms-fix-11.05.zip"?

Just to throw my hat in.I'm having the same issue.

This issue is still present for me on 12.3.0 after flashing over 11.26.1 with a cache/dalvik cache wipe.

Which file did you flash from that mediafire link? the one named "Mms-fix-11.05.zip"?

If you flash that file, you'll be able to download MMS attachments and your time stamp will work perfectly; however, it's the old MMS.apk, and you won't be able to theme it. You'll have to decide if that's a trade off you're willing to make.