[tutorial] How To Flash Fastboot Rom With Sp Flash Tool On Redmi Note 3

UnknownAX

Members
Dec 13, 2015
Note:This tutorial is for computer systems WinXP / Win7 / Win8.1 / Win10 / Win2012, does not support Apple MAC systems and Linux!, this tutorial is for the vast majority of MediaTek MTK smartphone!

Here I will show how we flash fastboot ROM in Redmi Note 3

Preparation:

1. VCOM Driver Download
  2. SP Flash Tool SP_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows_v5.1520.00.000.zip (Download v5.1516.00 if this one doesn't work)
  3. Fastboot ROM
  1. Redmi Note 3
  2. Laptop or Desktop PC
  3. Xiaomi USB cable

Notes:
  1. Please Back Up your files before flashing Fastboot, as it will erase all your data!
  2. For user with Window 8 and above, you should read here about driver.
Procedures:
Step 1:
Download and install VCOM Driver MTK v1.0.14.exe .
Step 2: Power off your Redmi Note 3 (make sure it has at least 50% battery)
Step 3: Download Fastboot ROM and extract it into your PC.
Step 4: Download and extract SP Flash Tools on your PC.
Step 5: Right click on Flash_tool.exe and click on "Run as adminstrator".
Step 6: launch SP Flash Tool and ensure that this is as follows .
Yque85B.png

Step 7: Locate the Scatter file named "MT6592_Android_scatter.txt" and copy in signed_bin folder. It can be found in images folder.

Step 8: Make sure that the red box under the tab is in "download" Mode!
Step 9: Click on the "download" button, and then plug the USB cable to your computer!
Step 10: let the phone completely off, and then press the volume down key, then the USB data cable into the phone ! This time the computer will find your device, when the progress become yellow update will begin to move! This is when you can release the volume down key finger up.

Step 11: A big green tick will appear when flashing progress is finish.
220728hpzphpns5zy55nry.jpg.thumb.jpg

Last edited:
anyone tried? i m going to try it now.. hopefully work. and no issue of bootloader lock

I have successfully flashed developer ROM using this method so yes it works :)
hi...
i tried, it was Red progress bar immediately after connecting phone usb cable (with volume down button pressed) and it didnt yellow. only red and purple, and the for Boot file, it says some error.

pls let me know what you did... so it flashed successfully

hi...
i tried, it was Red progress bar immediately after connecting phone usb cable (with volume down button pressed) and it didnt yellow. only red and purple, and the for Boot file, it says some error.

pls let me know what you did... so it flashed successfully

1. Have you copied MT6592_Android_scatter.txt" to signed_bin folder ?
CBnvPm8.png

1. Are you trying to flash developer ROM ? (I personally have flashed developer ROM but it should work with China Stable)
  2. Make sure you have followed Step 6
  3. Use this SP_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows_v5.1516.00

Last edited:
  1. Have you copied MT6592_Android_scatter.txt" to signed_bin folder ?
CBnvPm8.png

1. Are you trying to flash developer ROM ? (I personally have flashed developer ROM but it should work with China Stable)
  2. Make sure you have followed Step 6
  3. Use this SP_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows_v5.1516.00
I used 5120 as link posted by you earlier. However.... I successfully updated to V16 rooted ROM now. By SpHinX
e93efb5bbbb7ca711a5cd84def8dce86.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: UnknownAX
finally, this V5.1516 worked,,,, the earlier posted new version doesnt. i flashed the Stable ROM as of now.
The developer version is better? is it rooted ? pls let me know the comparision

Developer version have more options and is stable for daily use in my opinion

Reactions: pramod
how to ROOT this ROM (developer) ?
i am not able to root it, whereas, the same rooting method used for 7.0.9.0

Developer is multilanguage?? or data?

• Stable ROMs and Developer ROMs are all made by MIUI Official
Developer ROMs are updated every week (except for special occassions like Chinese national holidays), and they will get bug fixes and new features in every update

Stable ROMs are updated once a month/two months/even longer. They don't have a regular update frequency. You could use the stable version if you are not eager to experience new features, and don't have much knowledge about flashing your phone etc.

And It is not Multilanguage ROM just English/Chinese but you can easily install Google apps so It's not much of an issue

So what are the extra features of the Dev rom? Is it worth flasing?
Better UI some new customization settings and haven't really seen any major bug other than notification delay some time which was in stable version aswell

So, if I have a tgz, whitch contains signed files, official miui rom, I can install it with SP tools, even if I have a locked bootloader? 7.0.9.0 what I have now it's horrible... My signal drops, rotation works just in some apps, in camera I can't make landscape photos, vibration I think it's on maximum. I want to get rid of this ROM version... but I don't want to brick my phone. What do you recommend? It's safe to flash this way? Can I brick it, or it will gave me error, and thats all, it will boot, in the actual rom that I have?

Last edited:
So, if I have a tgs, whitch contains signed files, official miui rom, I can install it with SP tools, even if I have a locked bootloader? 7.0.9.0 what I have now it's horrible... My signal drops, rotation works just in some apps, in camera I can't make landscape photos, vibration I think it's on maximum. I want to get rid of this ROM version... but I don't want to brick my phone. What do you recommend? It's safe to flash this way? Can I brick it, or it will gave me error, and thats all, it will boot, in the actual rom that I have?
yes above links provided ROM,s are official MIUI ROM just follow the tutorial :)

Reactions: mokorottyu
Better UI some new customization settings and haven't really seen any major bug other than notification delay some time which was in stable version aswell

Tempting! I was planning to wait untill I have TWRP running (which can't take that long), but now you got me thinking .... Could you give some examples of the better ui and new customization? Thanks :)

Anyone can ROOT the China Developer version 5.12.10 ????

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Stable Version OTA (China) for Redmi Note 3!

Version: From 7.0.16.0.LHNCNCJ To V7.0.19.0.LHNCNCJ
Size: 55.2MB
Download: V7.0.16.0.LHNCNCJ-V7.0.19.0.LHNCNCJ-02c354461c-5.0.zip

System Update Guide
Copy the ROM file downloaded into the folder ‘downloaded_rom’ in the internal storage of your device. Launch ‘Updater' app on your device Click the ‘…’ icon at the top-right corner, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM file you’ve put in ‘downloaded_rom

Last edited: