Twrp Recovery Installing Issue

Tiago Almeida

Members
Jan 10, 2016
I bought a redmi note 2 16Gb, I've been trying to install the twrp recover and I couldn't... I try to flash the twrp_hermes.zip by the updater app and it fails, I try to install using flashify app and nothing happens, I try to install by fastboot mode on PC (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img) , it says the process is complete but when I switch to recovery mode still the stock mi recovery! Please help me!!

Note: I have the 6.3.3 Chinese ROM on it.

Install twrp from fastboot after that reboot directly to recovery using power button + volume up. Remove file "/system/recovery-from-boot.p" using file manager inside twrp.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

You have to install twrp by fastboot and then when you reboot go to twrp directly because when you boot into China Miui, it install MI recovery...
You have to install twrp by fastboot and then when you reboot go to twrp directly because when you boot into China Miui, it install MI recovery...

But I did that, when the installation is completed I type fastboot reboot and the mi recovery stills there! :(

But I did that, when the installation is completed I type fastboot reboot and the mi recovery stills there! :(
Did "fastboot reboot" reboot the device to miui? If the device rebooted the device to miui without delete file /system/recovery-from-boot.p it will install mirecovery. So after you installed twrp via fastboot reboot directly to recovery using power button + volume up and delete the file.

Reactions: Tiago Almeida
Did "fastboot reboot" reboot the device to miui? If the device rebooted the device to miui without delete file /system/recovery-from-boot.p it will install mirecovery. So after you installed twrp via fastboot reboot directly to recovery using power button + volume up and delete the file.

OK tnks, I'll try that, then i I'll reply you if it works... :)

It works!! Tnks you all!!