TWRP recovery mode is gone ....

katerpanne

Members
Apr 19, 2014
Hello together, I need your help ....

after installing the new 9.5.9 version on my Mi9, my twrp is gone .... that happend never before.

When I start the recovery mode, the phone is in a small bootloop and then the normal system starts.

So I flashed again the twrp, I have tried 3 different files:
  • twrp-3.2.3-10-cepheus-mauronofrio(1).img
  • TWRP-3.2.3-MI9-wzsx150-fastboot.zip
  • twrp_cepheus.img
The result is the same.... no chance to start in recovery with twrp. The phone starts in a bootloop and then the normal system starts.

Anybody there who can help me ?

Regrads Kater

This helps: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/9-4-25-26.50275/page-10#post-484176
https://mega.nz/#!CH5jgYTB!yNqOiVoo3cf0_15jIwZ-btO52cvpOG7iZrRCe19V2Nc

Other users told that this twrp version is working as well:
https://mega.nz/#!WOZEBCpD!UlyCdDaP-UxuwvzLzDE4yzaqi5qMz-I8iOkseQ5gmP0

Thank you !!!

Last edited:
Did you try rebooting using power button & VOL UP straight after you flash recovery in fastboot?

Try an app called Flashify. It installs recovery from the system and there you've got a button that redirects you right into recovery mode. If it doesn't help you, then try another recovery. UPD. As for me and my mi8 it was a big problem too, because none of recoveries were optimized at that time, so..

Reactions: Mavericks108
It really worked, I could finally boot into twrp, but now I can't leave, I try to reboot the system (android) but always return to twrp. I feel like I'm close.
Before this twrp, which rom and twrp you use? do you also "RM Forceencrypt"?
What did you do after boot to twrp?
Seems your rom is broken, try to flash rom again should help.

Reactions: iDavid
Before this TWRP (TWRP recovery 3.3.0 b8 by LR.Team/wzsx150 ) I installed "TWRP_3.3.0_cepheus.zip" from this web and ROM too for Xiaomi mi 9 (cepheus).
I didn't use "RM Forceencrypt".
I only wiped cache and dalvik/art cache, after that I tried to install the update from the internal storage (xiaomi.eu 9.5.30) but it showed me an error, then I tried to reboot system, and nothing, always come back to TWRP.
It seems it is. ROM is broken or something like that.

Well. I had to do a backup, I formated data from new twrp (LR.Team/wzsx150), downloaded again the update from xiaomi.eu and performed a clean installation. And finally it worked. Xiaomi.eu version 9.5.30 until play next update in a few days, what a scary! I just hope that this new TWRP doesn't bring me problems. Thank you, you helped me a lot, you´re great!

PD: Sorry for my English.

Reactions: iamme729
Before this TWRP (TWRP recovery 3.3.0 b8 by LR.Team/wzsx150 ) I installed "TWRP_3.3.0_cepheus.zip" from this web and ROM too for Xiaomi mi 9 (cepheus).
I didn't use "RM Forceencrypt".
I only wiped cache and dalvik/art cache, after that I tried to install the update from the internal storage (xiaomi.eu 9.5.30) but it showed me an error, then I tried to reboot system, and nothing, always come back to TWRP.
It seems it is. ROM is broken or something like that.

Well. I had to do a backup, I formated data from new twrp (LR.Team/wzsx150), downloaded again the update from xiaomi.eu and performed a clean installation. And finally it worked. Xiaomi.eu version 9.5.30 until play next update in a few days, what a scary! I just hope that this new TWRP doesn't bring me problems. Thank you, you helped me a lot, you´re great!

PD: Sorry for my English.
b8 is quite an old version. Tried 3.3.1-0601 from LR Team or 3.3.1-30 from mauronofrio instead.
I tried both and twrp never been missing after each update each week.

Reactions: iDavid
b8 is quite an old version. Tried 3.3.1-0601 from LR Team or 3.3.1-30 from mauronofrio instead.
I tried both and twrp never been missing after each update each week.

Thank you, good man, I'll try this weekend with new update while I cross my fingers.