[ultimate Guide] How To Unlock Bootloader, Root And Flash Recovery On Redmi Note 3

Ah, dat kan ook. ;)

But english is fine, to keep the rest involved.
Tried incognito but still getting the error, maybe I tried to much times in all the unlucky attempts perhaps...

Or because I don't have my Note 3 yet... ;)
But after keeping up-to-date regarding the situation and that it might take quite long, maybe its good to start ahead of the arrival..

some new news about what you comment a few days ago? your friend with good contacts in xiaomi told you that this week the issue was solved bootloader? thanks

Enviado desde mi MI NOTE LTE mediante Tapatalk
It is a troubling issue, since they want to move forward like most bigger manufacturer, and with prevailing security issue of Mi pay and services will be adversely affected by unlocked bootloader, anyway they have allow many or given out many permission to unlock the bootloader recently. Just follow up with the application process and eventually you will get it. I would reckon within two weeks.

It doesn't have anything to do with the number of letters actually. I got that error message when I posted any characters that were not chinese. So I wrote my text in english, then google translated it to chinese - went through fine like that. Make sure all the characters are chinese and not ignored by the translator for some reason. I actually had to do the same with my own name also, which probably lead to something funky for chinese readers.
I have made a detailed clear cut on the use of MiFlash Unlock and its implication, and how to apply effectively, which I will post the link later for the convenience of our forum members...

I recently bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. This is my first Xiaomi phone, and i am not really happy with it, as there are a lot of Chinese features that i don't like. Of course as a device is pretty good with lots of features. I willing to install Xiaomi.eu weekly rom release from here http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/6-1-7.29342/, but reading through ALL FORUM PAGES i realize that i have to install developer rom first, then unlock Bootloader and then install this Rom.

I will not follow the procedure unless i am 100% sure it will work. From what i read, it is not possible to install without applying for unlock code, is this correct? The following procedure DOES NOT WORK?
You can easily unlock your Bootloader with the following procedure. You dont need to apply for any Unlock Code or other stuff.

Start your Phone running a developer ROM
  1. Proceed through the Setup Wizard
  2. Connect your Phone to your verified Mi-Account (Settings -> Accounts)
  3. Login to i.mi.com and make sure that your new RedMi Note 3 is connected to that Account. (It appears that it only works when you connected a SIM-Card/Phone Number to your Account - Can be from another phone but your Account must be linked to a SIM-Card.)
  4. Reboot your Phone to Fastboot Mode (Power + volume down)
  5. Connect your Phone via USB to your Computer
  6. Start the MiFlashUnlock.exe (find the link at REQUIREMENTS)
  7. Click the left Button (chinese text)
  8. Login with your Mi-Account you used to link your new Phone
  9. Press the Button with chinese Text and watch the show
  10. Your Bootloader is unlocked when the progressbar shows 100%.
  11. Reboot your phone.
I dont want to strat trying an finally stay with the developer rom...

Thanks

Indeed, it won't work without a successful unlock request.

Ithink the chinese rom is not that bad. 80% of the chinese apps can be uninstalled, and the rest "hidden" in some folder. The google stuff can be installed by the google installer (from the chinese store app). The only thing I'm missing is european character sets.

If you're in a hurry and don't want to wait for your unlock response, you can consider installing the sphinx rom. It can be flashed without unlocking. http://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note/general/redmi-note3-sphinx-v1d-miui7-v7-0-22-0-t3287461
Has very good feedbacks (updating later is more trouble though)

img_20160111_112928j0u4t.jpg

also tried feds64 tool but with the same issue, that i am not able to boot into TWRP

Reactions: feds64

also tried feds64 tool but with the same issue, that i am not able to boot into TWRP

On my batch window , "Press any key to reboot to system", once the screen turned off, QUICKLY HOLD THE VOLUME UP BUTTON and release on the second vibration to enter TWRP recovery.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

The other question is what ROM are currently using? This will happen when you have Stable or other ROM other than the official Dev ROM... Only recently you are able to unlock using stable ROM so changes has to be made.

I recently bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. This is my first Xiaomi phone, and i am not really happy with it, as there are a lot of Chinese features that i don't like. Of course as a device is pretty good with lots of features. I willing to install Xiaomi.eu weekly rom release from here http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/6-1-7.29342/, but reading through ALL FORUM PAGES i realize that i have to install developer rom first, then unlock Bootloader and then install this Rom.

I will not follow the procedure unless i am 100% sure it will work. From what i read, it is not possible to install without applying for unlock code, is this correct? The following procedure DOES NOT WORK?
You can easily unlock your Bootloader with the following procedure. You dont need to apply for any Unlock Code or other stuff.

Start your Phone running a developer ROM
  1. Proceed through the Setup Wizard
  2. Connect your Phone to your verified Mi-Account (Settings -> Accounts)
  3. Login to i.mi.com and make sure that your new RedMi Note 3 is connected to that Account. (It appears that it only works when you connected a SIM-Card/Phone Number to your Account - Can be from another phone but your Account must be linked to a SIM-Card.)
  4. Reboot your Phone to Fastboot Mode (Power + volume down)
  5. Connect your Phone via USB to your Computer
  6. Start the MiFlashUnlock.exe (find the link at REQUIREMENTS)
  7. Click the left Button (chinese text)
  8. Login with your Mi-Account you used to link your new Phone
  9. Press the Button with chinese Text and watch the show
  10. Your Bootloader is unlocked when the progressbar shows 100%.
  11. Reboot your phone.
I dont want to strat trying an finally stay with the developer rom...

Thanks

It works except for the fact that it will ask for the unlock code when you try to log in with your account information.
I don't think plugging your phone in fastboot mode to your PC at first will fix that, but you can always try.

It even makes a bit of sense. Reboot to fastboot, plug to pc, start tool to unlock.
Nothing wrong with trying that.

The other question is what ROM are currently using? This will happen when you have Stable or other ROM other than the official Dev ROM... Only recently you are able to unlock using stable ROM so changes has to be made.

i was on 6.1.7 official DEV rom

I got everything right and entert my text to this page, to ask for activation of my account to unlock bootloader.

How long it takes usually before getting an answer and how do I get one. Will there be an SMS, or an Email, or what?

Don't getting the meaning of asking to activate unlocking bootloader for an account, sorry, totally stupid. Every account should have the right for it. Really, if I don't have the account name/phone numer and the password I can't unlock the bootloader anyway. If I got it, where lies the meaning of asking to activate this feature for one. If a thief got my phone and my account data he can also ask for it. What does Xiaomi in this process, is there a guy sitting infront of his Mail App and gets everyday 1000 of "hey i want to unlock my bootloader, please activate it for me" and than he gets into the account and activates it. WHAT THE HELL FOR:

I got everything right and entert my text to this page, to ask for activation of my account to unlock bootloader.

How long it takes usually before getting an answer and how do I get one. Will there be an SMS, or an Email, or what?

Don't getting the meaning of asking to activate unlocking bootloader for an account, sorry, totally stupid. Every account should have the right for it. Really, if I don't have the account name/phone numer and the password I can't unlock the bootloader anyway. If I got it, where lies the meaning of asking to activate this feature for one. If a thief got my phone and my account data he can also ask for it. What does Xiaomi in this process, is there a guy sitting infront of his Mail App and gets everyday 1000 of "hey i want to unlock my bootloader, please activate it for me" and than he gets into the account and activates it. WHAT THE HELL FOR:

A few days, for me more than ten

It works except for the fact that it will ask for the unlock code when you try to log in with your account information.
I don't think plugging your phone in fastboot mode to your PC at first will fix that, but you can always try.

It even makes a bit of sense. Reboot to fastboot, plug to pc, start tool to unlock.
Nothing wrong with trying that.
I will not try, i don't want to stay with developer rom waiting for the unlock code to arrive. I will wait for something easier . Thanks

I will not try, i don't want to stay with developer rom waiting for the unlock code to arrive. I will wait for something easier . Thanks

yes, I understand.
there's nothing else to do except waiting, either way on a code or on another way to do it, because this just doesn't work.

yes, I understand.
there's nothing else to do except waiting, either way on a code or on another way to do it, because this just doesn't work.
Can I ask for a code first without starting the process first?

I have received the sms for the unlock, but when use the unlock app on my pc it redirect to the page where i can download the unlock app (and the link doesn't work)
What can i do now?

I have received the sms for the unlock, but when use the unlock app on my pc it redirect to the page where i can download the unlock app (and the link doesn't work)
What can i do now?

Make sure you have a Dev rom installed, it won't work with Stable roms.

I already have the the dev rom, i have connected and sync the account, i have done everything.