[ultimate Guide] How To Unlock Bootloader, Root And Flash Recovery On Redmi Note 3

I have made another request for the unlock, but on a pc it shows the link that tells me to wait for the sms and when i try on another pc the link redirects to the page where i can download the unlock app.. i don't know where is the problem
Make a practice to logout from the mi.com and the the china mi.com site, so you will know the real situation or progress...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Received the sms from Xiaomi today, having sent the request 5days ago. I'll try the boot unlocker tonight.

I made the request today, that's a pretty complicated thing to do, I had an hard time trying to figure what those chinese words meant.
I don't know how long I have to wait, I hope there will be another way to unlock it more easily.

I just unlocked my Bootloader after getting the SMS today. The unlock tool Comes to 100% and everything looked fine.
Then I flashed the recovery but can not enter it. Someone got the same Problem? How can i check if the bootloader is really unlocked?
BTW SMS got around 2 weeks to arrive

Update: Found a solution, used the method in this link

Last edited:
Hi, is there a way to check if I entered the correct number in the bootloader unlock request? I have sent it about 10 days ago and still no sms but others got it sooner who sent after me. Will sending a new request make me uneliegable to unlock bootloader?

I just unlocked my Bootloader after getting the SMS today. The unlock tool Comes to 100% and everything looked fine.
Then I flashed the recovery but can not enter it. Someone got the same Problem? How can i check if the bootloader is really unlocked?
BTW SMS got around 2 weeks to arrive

Update: Found a solution, used the method in this link
What your situation, now?

Got sms, does the english unlock tool work with stable version?
Also, when using flashify to flash TWRP, do I use twrp image provided in requirements???
Thanks

I'm stuck in twrp "Swipe right to unlock" but nothing works. Anyone has ideas? It happened to me on redmi note 2 too but then I could just remove the battery.

Edit: vol up + power helps in such cases

Last edited:
I unlocked my redmi note 3 with my mi account and unlocked tool? Can i unlock another redmi note 3 with same mi account? If yes how?

nevermind, I flashed TWRP and rooted, but now it won't let me go back to stable, how can I flash a rom without SD card?
I know I have to wipe memory but how can I do it with the rom on my phone and not usb OTG or sd card?

got 7.0.22 and got unlock sms from xiaomi, but when i try to flash developer rom via update it says "can't verify update", someone knows solution?

Reactions: feds64
You have to be on Developer rom and logged into the same mi account you used to log into the mi flash tool.

So I am reading a lot of people online are facing the same problem I am unable to solve.
My mi account is successfully connected to not one but two phone numbers, I have logged in on desktop and also used "find my phone".
I have tried both with latest stable and developer rom, on Windows adb drivers are installed.
But when I press "unlock" on the tool, it proceeds until 50% and then stops and throws an error written in Chinese.
Has anyone found a solution yet?

As for Unlock Bootloader part, I suggest you edit the REQUIREMENTS whereby ONLY Developer ROM installed will work while others won't. It does work on all ROMs.

Confirmed & Tested working on all ROMs NOT ONLY on Developer ROM

Reactions: EseLoKo and feds64
@feds64 Your unlock tool cannot go past "Abnormal account inquiry". Do you know how to continue?

I have used retry many many times

@feds64 Your unlock tool cannot go past "Abnormal account inquiry". Do you know how to continue?

I have used retry many many times
Install the newest DEV official xiaomi rom, log into the same mi account you used to log into the unlocker tool and lastly make SURE you have a phone number connected to your mi account.