[ultimate Guide] How To Unlock Bootloader, Root And Flash Recovery On Redmi Note 3

I have made another request for the unlock, but on a pc it shows the link that tells me to wait for the sms and when i try on another pc the link redirects to the page where i can download the unlock app.. i don't know where is the problem

I have made another request for the unlock, but on a pc it shows the link that tells me to wait for the sms and when i try on another pc the link redirects to the page where i can download the unlock app.. i don't know where is the problem
Make a practice to logout from the mi.com and the the china mi.com site, so you will know the real situation or progress...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Received the sms from Xiaomi today, having sent the request 5days ago. I'll try the boot unlocker tonight.

I made the request today, that's a pretty complicated thing to do, I had an hard time trying to figure what those chinese words meant.
I don't know how long I have to wait, I hope there will be another way to unlock it more easily.

I just unlocked my Bootloader after getting the SMS today. The unlock tool Comes to 100% and everything looked fine.
Then I flashed the recovery but can not enter it. Someone got the same Problem? How can i check if the bootloader is really unlocked?
BTW SMS got around 2 weeks to arrive

Update: Found a solution, used the method in this link

Last edited:
Hi, is there a way to check if I entered the correct number in the bootloader unlock request? I have sent it about 10 days ago and still no sms but others got it sooner who sent after me. Will sending a new request make me uneliegable to unlock bootloader?

I just unlocked my Bootloader after getting the SMS today. The unlock tool Comes to 100% and everything looked fine.
Then I flashed the recovery but can not enter it. Someone got the same Problem? How can i check if the bootloader is really unlocked?
BTW SMS got around 2 weeks to arrive

Update: Found a solution, used the method in this link
What your situation, now?

Got sms, does the english unlock tool work with stable version?
Also, when using flashify to flash TWRP, do I use twrp image provided in requirements???
Thanks

I'm stuck in twrp "Swipe right to unlock" but nothing works. Anyone has ideas? It happened to me on redmi note 2 too but then I could just remove the battery.

Edit: vol up + power helps in such cases

Last edited:
I unlocked my redmi note 3 with my mi account and unlocked tool? Can i unlock another redmi note 3 with same mi account? If yes how?

nevermind, I flashed TWRP and rooted, but now it won't let me go back to stable, how can I flash a rom without SD card?
I know I have to wipe memory but how can I do it with the rom on my phone and not usb OTG or sd card?

got 7.0.22 and got unlock sms from xiaomi, but when i try to flash developer rom via update it says "can't verify update", someone knows solution?

Reactions: feds64
You have to be on Developer rom and logged into the same mi account you used to log into the mi flash tool.

So I am reading a lot of people online are facing the same problem I am unable to solve.
My mi account is successfully connected to not one but two phone numbers, I have logged in on desktop and also used "find my phone".
I have tried both with latest stable and developer rom, on Windows adb drivers are installed.
But when I press "unlock" on the tool, it proceeds until 50% and then stops and throws an error written in Chinese.
Has anyone found a solution yet?

As for Unlock Bootloader part, I suggest you edit the REQUIREMENTS whereby ONLY Developer ROM installed will work while others won't. It does work on all ROMs.

Confirmed & Tested working on all ROMs NOT ONLY on Developer ROM

Reactions: EseLoKo and feds64
@feds64 Your unlock tool cannot go past "Abnormal account inquiry". Do you know how to continue?

I have used retry many many times