USB -> Ethernet

Patxi

Members
Mar 15, 2016
Hi,

these days I try to use an USC-C to Ethernet Adapter from Anker. (https://www.amazon.de/Anker-Ethernet-inklusive-ChromeBook-Aluminium/dp/B010086WNA)
It was just plug and play on a Huawei Android 9 mobile. Also it Has worked on the latest stable Xiaomi.eu release on a Xiaomi Mi9Tpro. Just plug and play. The Huawei phone shoes the notification symbol (<-->) and the USB option to charge another device (OTG).
The Mi9Tpro does not show anything, but still works fine.

On the latest stable Xiaomi EEA (Android 9), the Mi9lite does not work with the adapter at all.
I've installed the Xiaomi.eu stable 11.3.4 (PFCEUXM) and the adapter is not recognized either.

Is it possible, that some ROMs have the OTB USB Ethernet driver included and some not?

Seems to me the current dev xiaomi.eu version uses Android 10 for the Mi9Lite.
I've installed it now via TWRP clean. But seems to me, the Ethernet does not work either.
I also have not seen any settings in the developer option for it.

any idea?

Thanks for help!

Last edited:
I'm in the same situation as you. I have a Mi9 SE and I needed the usb-ethernet connection for some kind of app for tuning BMW cars. But, unfortunately I didn't manage to connect my Mi9 SE via ethernet cable. So...I bought a S10E for this job.