"waiting For Wifi..." In Ch Play

KiritoDPH

Members
Mar 29, 2017
Recently I installed eu rom 8.2.1.0 following community/threads/7-3-23.39325/
After booting up and restore data from cloud, I can't download and update any app, CH play always says "Waiting for wifi", but I still can do everything like play Youtube videos, download with UC browser
I tried to go to Download app > Setting but there is no option about download size limitation
Please help, thanks.

I kinda have the same Issue, all updates on the Google Play Store are waiting for Wifi connection, even forcing it wont work, even putting it on a proper Wifi connection also dont work. this happened after the last known ROM.

Cleared data on Play Store, still the same. looks like a bug

I face the same problem. I want to mention that this started happening today. I have this ROM about a month and google play updates were just fine. So it might be a google play problem

Edit:
Followed this steps and worked:
-Force Stop
-Clear Cache
-Uninstall Updates
-Stopped Auto-updates

Last edited:
Luckily I haven't had the problem. Looks like it could be tied to a particular Play Store version? I'm on 7.6.08...

Where is forced stop in latest 23.03 ROM on my android 7 miui ROM , can seem to find it. Edit: Found it: settings , installed apps, Google play store then There are these options

Last edited:
@vladpaul
Thank you for the tip, had the same problem. Should we issue a fault report?
Thank you for reply. Yes sir, i think must be reported this issue. The bug is back, is very annoyng, i cant download nothing from play store until i downgrade the play store version. Ohhh

Uninstall Play Store app update, clear play store data, enter on play store and disable immediately Autoupdate in settings and switch to manualy update. After this trick should working apps/games download from play store.

Thanks vladpaul, the workaround works on my Mi5 global ROM 8.2.1.0

Uninstall Play Store app update, clear play store data, enter on play store and disable immediately Autoupdate in settings and switch to manualy update. After this trick should working apps/games download from play store.

This solution does work, however in my case, after it downloads a few of the updates then it starts doing it again with Wifi Queue, I do the solution again and it will continue to download the remaining until the next few updates, this does kinda work, but its not really a solution, besides the fact that this issue started with 7-3-23 and this bug is also still in the recent 7-3-30.
abit annoying ><

Nobody understands that is not a xiaomi.eu issue but Google's one?
Stay calm and wait for an update of Google play services and store...
Your phones still working as they should......

This solution does work, however in my case, after it downloads a few of the updates then it starts doing it again with Wifi Queue, I do the solution again and it will continue to download the remaining until the next few updates, this does kinda work, but its not really a solution, besides the fact that this issue started with 7-3-23 and this bug is also still in the recent 7-3-30.
abit annoying ><
Yes,me too,after some successful download,it's keep come again

Hello. I am using Xiaomi Mi5. I have the same problem. Also I cant download any app with WiFi or Mobile Data. There is no option in the google play store settings. I tried to uninstall and reinstall play store updates but it didnt work out either. Please help me I cant download anything. Even if I have wifi and mobile data, it says waiting for wifi.. I have wifi :S

Nobody understands that is not a xiaomi.eu issue but Google's one?
Stay calm and wait for an update of Google play services and store...
Your phones still working as they should......
On the global rom everything it's workinf fine - so I think that is a problem with xiaomi.eu...

Reactions: Didac Gil
I'm using the global rom o my mi5 handset and xiaomi.eu rom at my mi4c and I've the same issue on both devices.

So it's definitely related to Google's play store. If you uninstall play store updates it's working fine until it updates again.