What problems would Chinese rom have in Europe?

Pwmstrade

Members
Jan 28, 2024
Hello, I really want to get the 14 model, and I saw that Tradingshenzen has some x14s in their EU warehouse, but I saw that there are some limitations to unlocking the bootloader right now. What exact disadvantages would I have using the Original Rom in practice assuming I debloat it with UAD? Will I have some bad functionality or things will still function normal? I don't want to spend 800 euros and not be able to use the phone properly of course. Lastly, are there any developments about unlocking the phone except for those paid methods? Thanks

Saftynet Passed + OTA Updates + Widevine Level 1

Are these enough to have a normally functioning phone in Europe? I've been researching but I still can't understand fully what I will be missing exactly.

Also, I now see that they are banning Telegram in China. Will I not be able to use this app with a Chinese ROM?

Hi, there are some bad issues.

First, maybe u need to spent sometime configuring the settings because the Chinese rom are banning some overseas apps like telegram in default.

second, u may have problems using gms services. the Chinese rom has some battery saving functions that will kill the gsm apps often, which may lead to unable receiving notification push on time.

Hi, there are some bad issues.

First, maybe u need to spent sometime configuring the settings because the Chinese rom are banning some overseas apps like telegram in default.

second, u may have problems using gms services. the Chinese rom has some battery saving functions that will kill the gsm apps often, which may lead to unable receiving notification push on time.
I use telegram a lot. In the end, is there a way to install it? I will also use debloater app and arrange notification settings. I believe that people dont have problems with notifications anymore

I use telegram a lot. In the end, is there a way to install it? I will also use debloater app and arrange notification settings. I believe that people dont have problems with notifications anymore
Telegram works perfectly fine for me (Xiaomi 14 China ROM). I have no notification problems (once apps are properly configured by e.g. enabling notifications, autostart and disabling battery conserving app-killing). HyperOS is a great ROM with the google framework installed by default - all that's missing is Android Auto and Nearby Share (for which there are alternatives).

Reactions: YetAnotherAccount
Telegram works perfectly fine for me (Xiaomi 14 China ROM). I have no notification problems (once apps are properly configured by e.g. enabling notifications, autostart and disabling battery conserving app-killing). HyperOS is a great ROM with the google framework installed by default - all that's missing is Android Auto and Nearby Share (for which there are alternatives).
Thanks for your input. Where do you live if I may ask? Are you using it in Europe?

Eastern Europe (Romania).

PS I like the China ROM so much I am considering not switching to xiaomi.eu and using a cheap phone for AAuto.
I personally dont care about Android Auto or Nearby share. I never use them, but i was worried about telegram as i use it a lot. If you say it works well, then im okay

yep, you can turn off some functions in settings and install it

do you know what functions that needs to be turned off? it's not a difficult matter right?
The only thing I would really recommend to turn off is the system optimization in Developer options. On some global rom's it's called MIUI optimization. Disabling this made all notifications, including whatsapp, telegram and gmail instant and I got a few more hours of battery life.

Reactions: Tharkash
May I know what are alternatives for android auto and nearby share?

The only thing I would really recommend to turn off is the system optimization in Developer options. On some global rom's it's called MIUI optimization. Disabling this made all notifications, including whatsapp, telegram and gmail instant and I got a few more hours of battery life.
Do you know more specifically what "system optimization" does? I see warnings that turning it off might disrupt system functions / default apps.

Do you know more specifically what "system optimization" does? I see warnings that turning it off might disrupt system functions / default apps.
Best guess, it phones home. That's why battery life gets better without it. Also affects memory management, apps stay around longer, notifications becomes instant. I used it since I got the phone in November and no issues.

Reactions: landsome
Hey, I turned this setting off also, and it helped for sure but mails still are a bit late. Any suggestions?

Hey, I turned this setting off also, and it helped for sure but mails still are a bit late. Any suggestions?
More notifications indeed, but I seem to have some issues (besides losing my wallpaper). First, the keyboard is randomly - and after a reboot - reset to the stock Chinese kb. Secondly, I get weird notifications in Chinese from time to time (easy to dismiss). And thirdly, battery seems to be worse, not better, in my case.