Whatsapp no permanent access to internal storage?

Chrizl123

Members
Nov 10, 2018
Good Morning,

I have the Xiaomi.Eu Rom 12.5.3 currently on my Mi11 Ultra. I copied my old backup from Whatsapp to the Whatsapp folder and restored everything correctly when I set it up.

Now the curious:

The recovered media are displayed in the gallery, then the displayed files of 2132 photos in Whatsapp simply run backwards to zero. If I then open Whatsapp, no more media are available anywhere in the chats and should be downloaded. If I go to the file manager, it has created a second “WhatsApp” folder. Can anyone figure out this weird behavior?

Attachments

• IMG_20210428_054249.jpg
    IMG_20210428_054249.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 129

s3axel

Members
Nov 15, 2020
The recovered media are displayed in the gallery, then the displayed files of 2132 photos in Whatsapp simply run backwards to zero. If I then open Whatsapp, no more media are available anywhere in the chats and should be downloaded. If I go to the file manager, it has created a second “WhatsApp” folder. Can anyone figure out this weird behavior?

Strange behaviour, I never had that one although I change phones quite often and very often re-setup Whatsapp. Are you sure you copied your files to the WhatsApp folder ? Or where does the "whatsapp" folder come from ?

chistery

Members
Sep 23, 2020
I backup to Google Drive and it restored fine, why bother with transferring files when it has a cloud backup/restore option?

Chrizl123

Members
Nov 10, 2018
i dont use cloud backups.

i transfered the full whatsapp folder to the root folder and after that i configured whatsapp. ive done it many times with lots of different phones. but this result i never had before. it recogniced my backup and all files first. after the "bug" when all pictures are lost it created a new whatsapp folder but with small letters and its identical to the other one :-/

Chrizl123

Members
Nov 10, 2018
EDIT: with 12.5.3 if i set whatsapp dual app as new without backup, i cant download or sent files also. what is the problem? is it a bug of the firmware or from xiaomi.eu??