Which MIUI version do I have?

acn

Members
Jan 17, 2014
Hi
My hongmi finally arrived yesterday :)
I got it from Merimobiles, it's rooted, with chinese CWM and Google play installed. Didn't ask for root, but the phone came like that.
MIUI is this version:
current_version.png

Current version from hw info:
hw_info.png

CWM:
kineski CWM_forum.jpg

Update downloaded automatically:
downloaded_update.png
downloaded_rom.jpg

Can anyone explain the versioning system, I'm confused :)
JHBCNAL5 vs 3.12.27?

What is the difference between the version phone came with, the one from updater and the multi rom here from the dedicated thread?

I'd like to get rid of the chinese keyboard, how do i do that?
I am considering to flash english CWM via Mobileuncle tools and then multi rom.

Thank you

Thx, downloading stable version :)
What do you think about the newer versions, i see there are some ported in the forums here, is it worth the trouble?

Thx, downloading stable version :)
What do you think about the newer versions, i see there are some ported in the forums here, is it worth the trouble?
if you like experiments, go for it.. :)

A problem: after flashing recovery via mobileuncle, I cannot boot to recovery, phone show some garbage for a second and then boots normally.
Any ideas?

A problem: after flashing recovery via mobileuncle, I cannot boot to recovery, phone show some garbage for a second and then boots normally.
Any ideas?
at first, flash stock chinese rom via SP Flash tools

The one from your other thread?
"Restore stock firmware and lost IMEI/Baseband by SPFlash tool"
Any special options to watch for? IMEI?

Sorry, doesn't work for me :-(
Tried twice, flashed ok with SPflash tool, phone works ok, stock e3 recovery good.
Tried rooting with vroot and framaroot, everything well until I flash the CWM recovery.
Every time the same thing - for a second or two garbled graphics on top of the screen and phone resumes stadnard boot.
I guess it tries recovery, fails and continues with normal boot.
Any ideas what could be wrong?

You don't need root and cwn for installation our ROM.. Just go via updater app... Menu - select zip

~Tapatalk~

It's good to know that.
Seems this CWM simply doesn't work with my device.
I wanted some recovery and ended up last night with TWRP from other thread.
Flashed via original recovery, works well, ROM is finally up and running :)
TWRP looks nice, will see how it goes restoring backup if it comes to that one day.
Now it's time to learn some more about miui so expect all kind of questions in the near future :)

Cwm uploaded here is outdated. New phones coming with a differrent lcm module and current cwm doesnt support it.
Use twrp instead of cwm cuz it built with latest kernel supports new lcms.

Also many new phones will not be flashed or will be BRICKED by jhbcnah1.0 flashtool image. In such case new jhbcnal5.0 flashtool image with new bootloader needed.

You don't need root and cwn for installation our ROM.. Just go via updater app... Menu - select zip

~Tapatalk~
Not exactly, many phones come with chinese cwm or such called "miui recovery" and your or any official like roms CAN'T BE FLASHED with it (say hello to sellers).

I have some major problems after flashing:
1. during a call there is some faint clicking noise in the speaker
2. I cannot hang up any call - as soon as the screen turns off it wouldn't come on. Volume and power buttons don't work. If the other party hangs up, phone responds normally
Any help would be appreciated :)

Update: black screen with proximity sensor solved - screen protector. With phone I also bought Nillkin frosted case which comes with a screen protector, which of course was applied immediately. Removing the screen protector solved the issue :)
At least for now.