Widevine L1 / Netflix 15001 error

Ah I just had to mount vendor. But unfortunately netflix still doesn't seem to be working. If i need to do any other testing let me know :). Thanks for the effort guys.

After mounting vendor I flashed the zip too and the error persists.

please check L1 at 9.4.1
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi.../xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9_9.4.1_v10-9.zip/download

Dont forget to download certificate
- Ensure you have connected to the Internet;
- Ensure at least one fingerprint enrolled;
- Go to Settings -> Lock screen & password -> Manage fingerprints -> Fingerprint payments -> Widevine (L1)
- Click "Certificate" button to download widevine certification key
Testing right away :)

Edit: getting an error that it can't download the certificate Errorcode: -10009

Last edited:
Testing right away :)

Edit: getting an error that it can't download the certificate Errorcode: -10009
Same error here, now there's a new widevine L1 option (previous version didn't have it)

BTW, my device is Chinese 8Gb version which doesn't have widevine L1 for whatever rom I tried.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CrazyBeaver
Same -10009 error here. Log attached.

Attachments

• WidevineL1.txt
    25.5 KB · Views: 549
Last edited:
New china update today, so probably we'll have an update tomorrow. Let's check if the error is solved.

Hello i found that:

Widewine L1 certification is required to play drm content from providers like netflix and hotstar in hd, its currently enabled in current miui beta and with soon be available for stable miui, for enabling L1 in custom roms U with TWRP installed follow these steps.

1. Download latest miui rom from xiaomi.eu
2. Backup all partitions in twrp
3. Clear data, system,cache,dalvik in twrp and flash xiaomi eu rom
4. Boot in xiaomi.eu rom and skip the initial setup of signin, if black screen apppears then reboot, connect to any wifi network and then try again
5. Setup fingerprint
6. After setup go to settings and fingerprint u will find the option of widewine L1 ,click update certificate & done!, To cross check download drm info app from browser to check the certification level
Done! U can reflash all partitions of all your backup in twrp now, your certification is permanent

Eu roms dont have encryption, but if u want to be safe u can flash disable forced encryption zip

from xda https://forum.xda-developers.com/poco-f1/how-to/widewine-l1-custom-rom-t3904600
maybe someone wants to test.

I tryied and i get widevine L1 and gpay working but i cant download the certificate it said error -10009.