Wifi seems to keep going to sleep

smaggs

Members
Jun 24, 2011
Hi guys. Great ROM, but I think I am having a problem with the wi-fi going to sleep.

I have it set to never go to sleep as I have close to zero phone signal at my house so I rely on wi-fi on getting my emails etc. However, I have noticed that i seem to only get my emails (and whatsapp and talk messages) whenever i unlock the screen. Similarly, last night i had a radio app (that obviously uses data connection) playing some tunes but once the screen locked, the music would turn off a minute after only to come on again when i pressed the unlock button (not necessarily when i unlocked it but just when i turned the screen on).

I'm assuming this is the wi-fi going to sleep but does anyone know a solution to this?? I've searched and can not seem to find anything similar unfortunately.

Phone: Samsung Captivate:
Kernel: 2.6.35.7-g8a00573 (This the correct info to supply?)
Build: MIUI. 1.6.10

Thanks in advance

-Sam

Is there a 1.6.17 available for your Captivate? Maybe you should also update the radio..But I'm only guessing :|

Even better there's a 1.6.24! I'll install that right now and see if that fixes it...if not i'll try the radio update thing. Thanks for your help

Bump!

Still got this problem. I was running stock rom for a while (where I do not have this problem) as i couldn't find any solution. Came back to Miui this weekend and it's still doing it! Seems like I am the only one! I double checked that I have my wifi sleep policy set to "never" but it STILL goes to sleep whenever the screen turns off.

A major annoyance for me as I have little to no cell signal at my house so I rely on the wifi for my means of communication. It's not the end of the world, but would be nice to have! Any help/suggestions would be majorly appreciated!! :D