Would you consider paying for the MIUI Weather app if it was made available?

Would you pay for MIUI Weather given what you have just read?

• Total voters
It's okay to say that you would never pay for MIUI Weather but it's not okay to behave like some poster have done inside this thread. Mark works his ass of to translate and release a new version of MIUI each week and should not getting abused like this. /ZeD

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
I have only seen 1 poster in here that I would say was rude. Lets not make this worse then it really is. Everyone appreciates what Mark does so people please stop posting like no one does but you.

We are all here because MIUI is the best Rom ever! Until this thread I didn't even know who Mark was. Now I do. So thank you to Mark and all the devs who work on this project! I am sure I speak for everyone here when I say that.

Count me in for a buck

MIUI Development Group no longer have a developer for Weather, so there is no progress being made anywhere by them in this app, they seem happy for me to take it and make it modified to work outside of their country.

They also seem happy with my work overall and I have a long-standing good relationship with the Dev Group.

D1 MIUI 1.28 p3LV125-1250 w/ RAMZSWAP & SetCPU using Mr_DSL's BlissSuaveHD v8 Theme. And onsht1kll's Time out Mod.

***Thank You JAMZELLE***

Ok where is the app ? Blah blah blah show me the app and I'll pay, I want it now

Sent from my HTC Incredible using the miui-dev.com Forums App

People need to stop being cheapskates. If you by any products with high fructose corn syrup that Buck will be used for better good. If you love sodium dioxide in your chips this will save you from a bag of gass's later. If you love McDonald's, well you should stop anyway. The point is don't be a cheap stanky old fart of a man, you got a smartphone..... well how much did that cost? You buy apps how much did those cost? You got a phone bill how much does that cost? 1-2-3-4+5+6 etc is nothing support the devs. I could care less they can buy pizza, henny and coke mix it get drunk make rom's great.

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Wow. People? Really? You use Android. You use the market. You HAVE paid for apps! Bandwidth isn't free. There seems to be a number of people who think that because Android is open-source anything that goes with it should be free. Get real! Development is tough, it isn't easy. Thats why people get paid to do it. Mark isn't even asking for money for profit, just traffic. Totally acceptable! Mark I'll pay whatever you want. Sorry about not getting you those magnet codes in a timely matter... things got a little crazy around here. Keep up the EXCELLENT work!

Why is my posting away?
Marks censorship?

That tells us, how you are...

I was coming with facts and you censored it.

As ever, mark only want to hear "thanks mark, you are the best"

WOW scottie. Mark deserves to hear "Thanks Mark" because he does what he does for free. And at that he doesn't get enough expressed gratitude. Shame on you.

Is there someway donators can receive a code after donating which they can enter somewhere on their phones to verify they have donated allowing them to use the translated app? I'm not sure how to correctly explain my point, so I will present an example. Titanium Backup used to be available as a free version only from the market. To unlock the full version, you had to donate to the dev's paypal. After that, you received a confirmation email with an unlock code. I guess what I'm trying to say is, is there a way you can modify the app, get it ready, distribute it for free and then if people want the weather information to actually work, they must donate to get an unlock code that more or less allows their app to access the weather data from marks server?

Is there someway donators can receive a code after donating which they can enter somewhere on their phones to verify they have donated allowing them to use the translated app? I'm not sure how to correctly explain my point, so I will present an example. Titanium Backup used to be available as a free version only from the market. To unlock the full version, you had to donate to the dev's paypal. After that, you received a confirmation email with an unlock code. I guess what I'm trying to say is, is there a way you can modify the app, get it ready, distribute it for free and then if people want the weather information to actually work, they must donate to get an unlock code that more or less allows their app to access the weather data from marks server?

I agree, app is free but if you want it to work you need to pay.

Sent from my DHD

Count me in for a buck!

And thank you very much for all your work.

D1 MIUI 1.28 p3LV125-1250 w/ RAMZSWAP & SetCPU using Mr_DSL's BlissSuaveHD v9 Theme. And onsht1kll's Time out Mod.

***Thank You JAMZELLE***

I'm going to pay for it...

But please, release it faster !!!

IF the app ever gets released (Unlikely now given the bullshit i've suffered the last 24 hours) then I want it working properly.

Yes, that is a fair price...paid a similar amount for weatherbug

Edit: But it sounds like polling is now irrelevant

Mark, I would pay for the weather app. I would also pay for a direct download "update" app. Just something that gave me the latest links to direct downloads (non multi-upload and such) in an App. I am all about saving time and I like supporting those people who create great work I use.

Anyways, Just mentioning. I will certainly keep dling via the boards eitherway.

IF the app ever gets released (Unlikely now given the bullshit i've suffered the last 24 hours) then I want it working properly.

I do not think people realize what you do for this community. I sure didn't until I read BRD's earlier post. I usually do not get out of the EVO section much but decided to explore around and then found this thread.

I am willing to bet, if you release this app or anything else related to MIUI for $1, everyone here will purchase it. Or better yet, why not offer these things to site donators? I am sure people would donate more then $1 anyway..........

How do I vote yes to pay and receive this app?

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miui-dev.com Forums App

...Or better yet, why not offer these things to site donators? I am sure people would donate more then $1 anyway..........

This is a FANTASIC idea! It could be used as a 'thank you' for donators. Now this is great thinking!

hey mark i agree with eric3316 i think you should make a donation section were you guys can not be bothered by all the free loaders and disrespecting a**holes who dont respect the hard work that you guys put into this and miui as a whole

thanks again for all your hard work mark and all the other people who worked to get this working

Matt

Mark, please don't let a few smug self-righteous jerks undo all the good you do.

People, yes even non-MIUI people, would pay for the app. On XDA, it seems every day a new thread pops up asking for some MIUI feature (battery indicator) or app (music, weather).

Why not just donate to mark for all that he does? No doubt, he has put forth tremendous effort in everything from managing and maintaining the site to language translations to apparently. We owe him well deserved credit and donations. Thanks Mark!

Sent from my HTC Incredible using the miui-dev.com Forums App

I have only just joined this forum as i am interested in getting the MIUI rom for my desire,
as a total noob i would never consider a rom in a foreign language so kudo's to Mark for his
hard work in bringing it in english to the great unwashed :) .
However the point of this thread is about paying for an app ,
i would pay and have paid for other app's , those that say they wont pay probably would not buy any
others at all either, so nothing lost there ........
what i do find strange is that so many are getting angry at some of the posts, its not great to see,
the question was posed and many have answered both for and against.
I would say most of the posters would/will buy or donate for the app myself included so i would
say do it Mark and damn the torpedo's :)
If i decide to use MIUI it will be as much for the other users as for the rom itself,
but to see everyone behaving like Windows/Apple fanboys is not good.
we are not off to a great start ...........