New Wrong contactname on Lockscreen (SMS)

Really_Wacky

Members
May 26, 2013
Hi guys when i recieve a SMS 9/10 times its not the person who sent the message :S For example my screen goes on and i see that Els Cauwer sent me a message but when i unlock the message was actually from James Packer.

Anyone else got this problem?

Device: Xiaomi MI2

After the latest updates the contact names still display wrong ayone has an idea what could be causing this?

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374914187873.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374914187873.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 235
  • uploadfromtaptalk1374914213667.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374914213667.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 220
Yea its anoying as hell! Sometimes it says that i got a message from my 10 year old sister when its a friend. Or it says that i got a message from a girl i expect a sms from and then its a friend...

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I can confirm this on the MI1. It seems to happen (mostly?) with messages from contacts not in the address book. Although I also noticed a slightly different behavior. Several times I got tracking Messages from DHL, which are listed as "Eva" on the lockscreen. Funny stuff is, I do not even have a contact named "Eva" in my address book.... I can't say when this bug was introduced, because I fell I had it "ever since".

For me its allways the same people that display wrong.

Kenneth geerts shows as frederick verlinden
Frederick verlinden shows as kenneth geerts.
Mathieu vandevijver shows as Phoebe (Sister)

In some cases other contacts also display wrong.

Yea but i cant even get my phone recouldnised to make a logcat :) And i am not even sure you would see anything on a logcat.

I think you have mess with your contacts...

Its not miui issue...

~Tapatalk 4~

When i go to "contact settings > more settings > clear data > clear data" all contacts are gone then i only put my gmail account to sync to my phone it worked. Then i went to the MIUI site and manually deleted all the contacts on there for some reason it also deleted it from my phone and also from my google account. Luckily google contacts has the feature to restore all contacts from the last hour.

So then i did "contact settings > more settings > clear data > clear data" again wich didnt sync my xiaomi contacts because there where none and only my gmail friends now the problem is gone.

What a ****** pain in the neck would there have been an easier way to remove all the xiaomi contacts from my phone? Because the contacts from my xiaomi account also synced to my google account and there where people in there i never even heard of :S

Anyway its fixed now why would anyone want to sync there contacts to MIUI when google allready has that feature you need to have a gmail account for android anyway :p