Xiaomi 11T Pro MIUI 14 Netflix Dolby Vision issues

Trakvai

Members
Jun 8, 2023
Hello

I've had my Xiaomi 11T Pro since half a year with official MIUI 13, MIUI 14 and now xiaomi.eu MIUI 14 v2 15.05.2023 (installed with fastboot data format)
In all my MIUI versions Netflix image has this whitewash / grey aspect, with dull colors. Netflix reports that that Widevine L1 is ok, playback is full HD and device is capable of Dolby Vision so everything ok from this point of view.
The usual solution is to Disable HW overlays in the Developer options but now even with this the colors are very dull and yellowish.

Question: is this a general problem on all Xiaomi 11T Pro even with xiaomi.eu MIUI 14 ROM? Any other solutions or recommendations on how to improve things ?

Thank you

Yes whenever I increase or decrease my phone's volume it returns to not being washed out. But when I'm watching normally, the colors look washed out. Any updates on this problem?
I have a Xiaomi 11t pro running on MIUI 14.0.2
Edit: I read the whole thread and I got the solution, Disabling HW Overlays in the Developer Options indeed fixed the problem. Thank you for the fix my guy.

I have similar problem with mi 11 Ultra. The disabling HW overlays helps just with colours but still the YouTube, Netflix etc don't run HDR, just normal video. That's annoying in that smartphone class.
Miui 13 was all good

My phone yes. Installed a newest update stable and same. Factory reset only system and was great some time, but I had Netflix unistaled. Today Amazon app started to make problems. I go to settings/security/fingerprint/fingerprint payments/widewine L1 and the certificate is enabled. Turn the Amazon app on and certificate is not available. Switch off app it's again available. Tragic. Don't know what to do next.