Xiaomi 12 Pro Zeus proximity sensor problem with xiaomi.eu

r0cc0

Members
Feb 24, 2017
I have the European version of the device, in fact just purchased it had the eea 13.0.16

(since I came from a poco f3 with the proximity sensor problem, where it was not possible to listen to 2 audio messages from telegram or whatsapp without the screen not turning off)
immediately I could see the perfect functioning of the proximity sensor, perfect!

soon as I unlocked the bootloader, always faithful to xiaomi.eu, I flashed at the time the 13.0.32 which started giving me problems with the sensor, identical to those I had with the poco f3, scared I immediately went back to the eea, after a few months I wanted to try xiaomi.eu again, 13.0.36

same exact thing, sensor problems,
but even if you put the phone against a wall, it turns off, which is not the case with the eea.

any feedback about it?

try to put the phone against the wall while listening to an audio telegram or whatsapp, does the screen turn off? to me yes, and with the eea it does not happen.

that they are problems due to the "drivers" maybe different of the europe and china sensors?

thanks to anyone who will listen to me.

Last edited:
I am using Mi12Pro China version flashed latest EU ROM but proximity is also not working. Using built-in Control and Identification Toolbox (CIT) to test the sensor but it is not responding . maybe the sensor is not exist , isn't it ?

Reactions: Indio
The proximity test through the built-in CIT always shows 5.0 and doesn't register anything at all.

I have the Mi12Pro China model with stock China ROM (and with factory screen protector).

Reactions: Indio
The proximity test through the built-in CIT always shows 5.0 and doesn't register anything at all.

I have the Mi12Pro China model with stock China ROM (and with factory screen protector).
should show 0.0 when you put your phone to your ear.. proximity sensor is not always ON.. depends on device position..

Now I know how to test the proximity sensor on xiaomi phone. Don't place your phone on the table. Take it on your hand and make it like you are making a call. Now open CIT or Sensor Test app and test the sensor functioning and it works.

Confirmed. I need to hold the phone vertically and move my palm to cover the selfie camera. Laying flat doesn't work.