Xiaomi 13 Ultra announced

we are not able to get any camera or rotation issue on our test device.. what we have to do to get those issues which you mentioned?
Are you running a normal test including adding a Xioami and google account on it. It's a bit weird no issue is happening in your devices at least you have another model version or you are not completing any deeper step that other users are reaching.

Are you running a normal test including adding a Xioami and google account on it. It's a bit weird no issue is happening in your devices at least you have another model version or you are not completing any deeper step that other users are reaching.
No Google and no Xiaomi account signed.. so not any backup restored..

No Google and no Xiaomi account signed.. so not any backup restored..
Maybe that's why you are not experiencing the issues since I guess all of us use / sign on with a Google account, regardless restore backup or not.

Maybe that's why you are not experiencing the issues since I guess all of us use / sign on with a Google account, regardless restore backup or not.
It's not even a variable in our testing because there's nothing we can do about online backups.

It's not even a variable in our testing because there's nothing we can do about online backups.
Good to know. However i didnt restore any type of backups, after flash eu rom i do the following: During setup screen i sign to Google, no restore. then signin to Xiaomi account, no restore. I also tried MIUI Backup and restore after one of the times, didnt do any difference, same issues appeared in both scenarios, however, can you test sign in with google with no restore maybe you can witness the issues? unfortunately its nothing to be reproduced per se, it just happens after few minutes or even several hours but it ends up happening. I am currently on DEV for more than a day and its not also totally error free, however its somehow "less occuring." so instead of rebooting every hour or so i reboot every couple of hours. If theres any way we can help by providing logs please let me know how.

Reactions: Emil77msk
I have flash the Chinese rom "V14.0.23.5.8.DEV MIUI 14 Weekly 2023-05-12" (happening since V14.0.11.0) and I found the same issue, therefore looks like the issue is coming from the original development of this room rather than from the xiaomi.eu compilation.

I noticed the issue appears when turning on mi account sync, so maybe when Xiaomi developers launch the next version we will find a solid solution but the are already 3 Chinese versions having this issue (From 14.0.11 to 14.0.23)

Last edited:
Reactions: ingbrzy and Liviati
I have flash the Chinese rom "V14.0.23.5.8.DEV MIUI 14 Weekly 2023-05-12" (happening since V14.0.11.0) and I found the same issue, therefore looks like the issue is coming from the original development of this room rather than from the xiaomi.eu compilation.

I noticed the issue appears when turning on mi account sync, so maybe when Xiaomi developers launch the next version we will find a solid solution but the are already 3 Chinese versions having this issue (From 14.0.11 to 14.0.23)
Interesting find. did you flash the 3 available cn roms or only the DEV one? i wonder how the out of box experience with cn 14.0.1 update to 14.0.11 works fine though

Recall my memory after flashed many times between CN, EEA snd EU roms, the EEA snd EU roms are request 2 setups when first start up.

They will ask sign in google acount after you chose language and location, and more other google and phone settings. Once finished and login to the phone, the xiaomi setup will send a notice to continue setup your phone, which is go through the google setup again. The phone will slow and bugging from there.

As some one mention above, try to not setup on the first and login to destop and do the second setup required might worth a try.

Interesting findings after I flashed from 14.0.11.0 to 14.0.13.0. with old stable I had no issues at all. Everything worked just fine. After I flashed to the new stable camera is all right. Auto rotate is all right. Phones seems fine but compass is gone in Google map. That's the only issue I had so far. That compass worked on my phone with 14.0.11.0 before.

Updates: After I clear up all data in google maps. Now compass function all works well. Very good!

Last edited:
I found a way to get phone working smoothly.
1. Flash the latest EU ROM
2. During the first phone setup DO NOT login google account and NO WiFi, NO NO just ignore all settings -> Reboot phone
3. If status pop up 13 Ultra setup and still ignore all -> Reboot phone
4. Click Play Store -> Login google account -> Update all applications (Google, Android Auto etc.) -> Reboot phone
5. Done
I am doing the flash steps that ingbrzy suggested, maybe I can combine what you said just ignore all settings during the very first boot up. Hope it can make things go smoothly.

Interesting findings after I flashed from 14.0.11.0 to 14.0.13.0. with old stable I had no issues at all. Everything worked just fine. After I flashed to the new stable camera is all right. Auto rotate is all right. Phones seems fine but compass is gone in Google map. That's the only issue I had so far. That compass worked on my phone with 14.0.11.0 before.

Updates: After I clear up all data in google maps. Now compass function all works well. Very good!
As I remembered, since the last version of EU you don't have any issues on that. So I think you may have no issues on this update version. It seems you are the lucky one, and I am wondering do you have google account signed in on the first boot setup ? Look like it may the root cause of these issues.

It's weird, after I do the flash (CN then EU) process, and during the first boot setup, I found I can't bypass the google account signed in process.

It will say you haven't login the account and back to the very first MIUI14 logo screen. And when I want to do the process again, it will stuck the lock screen password setup.

I don't know what happened this time, but I will try it again, to make sure every process is OK.

updated: After login and re-do the factory reset, this time I can skip the google account login.

Last edited:
I get a new problem of 14.0.11.0 stable version. When using Android Auto Wireless with my car and enter screen saving (black screen), there is no chance to wake up the phone include power button and fingerprint unlock both are no response.
After a lot of different tests, I by chance remove google "Voice Search" app latest update (14.17.34.28.arm64) and this problem is solved.
Note: EU 14.0.13.0 stable has the same problem

Screenshot_2023-05-18-03-41-51-752_com.android.settings-edit.jpg

I gone back to EEA rom last night and finished all the set up and apps. Everything good except Google Pay.

I just finished downloading the new EU Stable rom and will try it again with not set up Google account on the first boot up then login later when go into launcher page. Finger cross.....

It's weird, after I do the flash (CN then EU) process, and during the first boot setup, I found I can't bypass the google account signed in process.

It will say you haven't login the account and back to the very first MIUI14 logo screen. And when I want to do the process again, it will stuck the lock screen password setup.

I don't know what happened this time, but I will try it again, to make sure every process is OK.

updated: After login and re-do the factory reset, this time I can skip the google account login.
The first time you must need to login because you need to verify if you are the owner of the phone since you were erasing the phone by fastboot instead of doing factory reset in the setting

As I remembered, since the last version of EU you don't have any issues on that. So I think you may have no issues on this update version. It seems you are the lucky one, and I am wondering do you have google account signed in on the first boot setup ? Look like it may the root cause of these issues.
I actually reset it a few times to try different restore methods. Most of the time I would sign in google in the initial setup stage. So don't think it is the cause.

Sent from my 2304FPN6DG using Tapatalk

It's sadly to say that after trying different steps including CN then EU or skipping google signin at first boot up, the issues are still there.

There is a simple way to find the auto rotation work or not that is at camera app, open the grid assitance with horizontal line so that when you open the camera app, just rotate your phone and see the horizontal line following your direction or not. This function is not related with rotation lock in the setting menu.

Maybe the root cause is at the orginal miui rom, I will try to find other forums to check it. Still wait for the new version release, not only EU but also CN.

I just finished flash the new EU stable rom and installed all my apps. I did skip the google setup on the first boot. So far it's ok.

On my feeling, if I feel the system glitch, then the microphone and rotation issues will appear sooner or later. For example, when turn off the scrren, the notification sound will not sing with the screen back out. I heard the sound notice right after the screen black out, just a second later. That's what I meant glitch.

Until now, the new EU stable rom still smooth like the EEA and CN rom. I will keep using it to see what happen next.

On the camera app, if the photo preview on the bottom left corner did not rotate with the phone movement, then it's the rotation issue. Youtube and other apps will also not auto rotate themselves.

I've updated to 14.0.13 with format_data and skip google setup process. And I've been using it plain for 3 hours now without setup any accounts or install any extra apps. No microphone problem, no auto rotation problem. I'll wait a few hours more if no problem, I'll add Google account and install apps. Will report back if issue come up after that or not.