Xiaomi Backup & Reset, Will It Keep Backup After Factory Reset?

stitch19

Members
May 7, 2016
Hi,
my gf has a xiaomi redmi note 3 pro. It has TONS of issues, the seller told me to do a factory reset and see if it helps before they do any other steps.
I tried the freaking xiaomi backup app from PC and like thousands of others people it wont work.

So I will tell her to use the backup and reset option in her phone. She is doing backup right now and after she will do a factory reset.

Will she be able to restore the backup after the factory reset?

Thank you

It could have seller modified rom, better install official rom with MiFlash first (and maybe xiaomi.eu version after that).

http://en.miui.com/a-234.html

Mi PC Suite might help with backup.

http://pcsuite.mi.com/
Hi, I followed your suggested steps, yet the back-up still stops at 40%, so it is useless. As long it is not fixed, it may be better to manually back up data. Do you have other suggestions? thanks.

Hi, I followed your suggested steps, yet the back-up still stops at 40%, so it is useless. As long it is not fixed, it may be better to manually back up data. Do you have other suggestions? thanks.

Sync everything to MiCloud. Once you do a factory reset, sign in to your MIUI Account, there will be option to restore everything again from MiCloud to Phone (Including apps). Just be sure you have a fast WiFi to do this since restoring the apps from MiCloud I think took longer time than installing it via PlayStore. Photos, SMS, etc will be restored also to the phone.

Sync everything to MiCloud. Once you do a factory reset, sign in to your MIUI Account, there will be option to restore everything again from MiCloud to Phone (Including apps). Just be sure you have a fast WiFi to do this since restoring the apps from MiCloud I think took longer time than installing it via PlayStore. Photos, SMS, etc will be restored also to the phone.
Thanks for your suggestion.
Our Wifi at home downloads new movies within one hour, so I am comfortable to back up on wifi. Another thing I am comfortable with is that I back-ed up all stuff on my computer, ordered new phones for our family and had everything set up in ONE day vs almost 12 months with this old device. I flashed the Redmi devices and donated them.
Who knows I will look at this brand again some day.....