Xiaomi.eu ROM questions - help needed!

lisali

Members
Nov 10, 2019
Hi guys,

Mi 9 is a great device, but not even MIUI 11 fixed its many notification issues.

Does the Xiaomi.eu rom fix this, especially the AOD notifications for 3rd party apps?

Does installing this rom mean that I would have to root the phone and unable to use Google Pay and banking apps?

Thanks!

no you don't have to root to use this rom, its a brilliant rom its safety net passed and Google certified and all my AOD notifications work... what's app, Gmail.... very well modified rom, just install twrp to flash, i used xiaomi mi tool v2 to flash the image file twrp,its easier than adb commands. you don't need magisk or root

Sent from my MI CC 9 using Tapatalk

Reactions: lisali
Then simple answer to your many questions is No.
No. Xiaomi.eu doesn't fix all the issues in Global ROM since it's based on that ROM (depending on whether you install Beta or Stable), but chances are, if there's a major bug in the base ROM, it will present in Xiaomi.eu ROM.

No. You don't have to root your phone and No. Your banking apps won't stop working.

There's a plus side to Xiaomi.eu ROM. You get a more optimized version of the base ROM, no ads and some feature tossed in here and there.

Enjoy

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: lisali
Many thanks for your responses!

My main issue is with AOD notifications for 3rd party apps. As long as that works, I'll be happy.

Is there a step by step guide on how to install the rom?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Thank you!

I can't get that link to work, though.

So first I have to wait two weeks to unlock the phone?

Thank you!

I can't get that link to work, though.

So first I have to wait two weeks to unlock the phone?
I have fixed the links.
Yes, you have to unlock your bootloader first.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

… in Global ROM since it's based on that ROM (depending on whether you install Beta or Stable), …
Correction - eu-ROM is based China ROM, not on Global ROM. There are only 2 exceptions: POCOF1, HMNote6Pro, because they don't have a China Rom.

No worries. I'll wait for two weeks now. In the meantime, can I check that all 3rd party notifications work on the AOD and the lock screen? I read on @isamwise's link above "More apps supported for AOD notifications" - does not say all?

I can't use the Google pay on the xiaomi eu on the mi 8, does someone know How can I use It without magisk?

Enviado de meu MI 8 usando o Tapatalk