Xiaomi Hongmi TD + WCDMA CWM+ROOT Guide

just change your carries name in the settings... and enable data in roaming in the settings..

Hi I've noticed that the notification LED green, red, and blue only function. Selecting a different color does not work.
Sorry for my English translator.
Thanks for your great work.
Greetings.

What is your version of miui? It's fixed since 3.11.15.

Envoyé depuis mon Xiaomi Redrice (Hongmi) rom miui multilang

so i got it, strange that the Google Installer installs Play Store 4.0.25 and it doesn't really work, but when you update to the latest Play Store it worked fine.

not installing the Multi Rom 3.11.15, had it before, but it is really buggy. Notification Lights FC, Camera doesn't have Full HD Video recording, no HDR Photos and some more buggy stuff, maybe this is the reason why we not seeing a Rom this week. Anyway great job.

so now only need to root, sad that Frameroot doesn't work anymore with the latest 3.0 Update of Stable Romm ;( was so easy
on OP added multilang stable releases for TD and WCDMA version....

Reactions: naxer82 and type-R
I have a problem and I need some help!
I did the root and installed mobileuncle and then the recoveryupdate.
After that, the phone when it should be in CWM mode, it stays in a screen that says FASTBOOT and nothing else happens.
I waited for a while, then pulled out the battery and tried to manualy go to CWM (volume down+power) but the same result.

Any ideas?

I have a problem and I need some help!
I did the root and installed mobileuncle and then the recoveryupdate.
After that, the phone when it should be in CWM mode, it stays in a screen that says FASTBOOT and nothing else happens.
I waited for a while, then pulled out the battery and tried to manualy go to CWM (volume down+power) but the same result.

Any ideas?
volume down + power and there select recovery...

volume down + power and there select recovery...
nice to hear, hopefully next Miuiandroid will be based on it, than I could start to fix all the missing German parts because it is maybe 60% translated. Where are those two guys who translated it so nice.

I ordered a WCDMA Hongmi, it should be here tomorrow.

When it`s finally here, I want to install the Stable MIUI , because I read that the Multi Language version is buggy. Also, I want it to be rooted & Playstore and all Gapps enabled.
Problem is, when I try to download Stable the download stops at 10% - I tried it several times, but it seems not to work.

Questions: Are there any other sources for stable version? If not: How to enable Playstore and all Google stuff?

Thx tweetypeety!

The .zip from your link contains all I need for the method described on page 1 of this post? If not, how do I install Stable1? Root would be nice as well, but Gplay & Google Services are more important to me

Please Help can not install any rom,

Attachments

• CAM00006.jpg
    CAM00006.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 349
Reactions: chefsunter
This Video shows how to install Google Play without rooting the device!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Adobe Flash Player gave me issues so i tried to find a solution.

Helpful video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

After you install it don't forget to go back to Settings->Security ->Unknown sources and uncheck this option.

As Keyboard i use the paid version of SwiftKey, but also there is a free version.

As launcher i enjoy using Nova Launcher which is really cool for me.

I have used this guide after receiving my Hongmi WCDMA version and it's great! I'm using this phone combined in dual sim: private as well as work phone. I have rooted the phone and upgraded to 3.11.8, which works perfectly stable and fast! I have bought this phone on ibuygou and it only took 48 hours from HK to NL with DHL. My findings after following this guide:
  1. vRoot is an easy tool to use, but extremely annoying and frustrating to update (and all updates will be downloaded and installed automatically. There is no way to activate this process manually). vRoot does what needs to be done, although it took me about 4 hours in total... only to update. After installing the correct drivers, updating vRoot and updating the databases, rooting is easy. It takes a while, however, to get there...
    • downloading drivers takes several 'retries', I retried or closed and reopened vRoot about 4-5 times
    • to update from vRoot 1.6.0 to 1.7.2 took about 10 - 20 times (!), really really frustrating. sometimes it stopped at 20%, sometimes at 80%. The servers that are used to update vRoot application are very unstable and extremely slow.
    • Update databases to 131112. Again took about 10 - 20 times and again really frustrating.
  2. Don't forget to extract Recovery.img from the zip-file, so the *.img needs to be in the root of your device, not the *.zip
  3. Don't forget to rename mobileuncle.zip to mobileuncle.apk
  4. The volume-buttons are used as up/down in the boot-menu / the on/off button is used as select-button in the boot-menu
  5. My advice at this moment is to use MIUI 3.11.8, because this version is stable for the Hongmi phone and is fast. all sensors work properly and Google Apps are integrated already.
Thanks for the great guide.

PS: It would be great if someone could translate the recovery.img bootloader from Chinese to English or if someone could make screenshots with the English translation of all menus of the recovery.img bootloader. Maybe some kind of translation table could be created?

Last edited: