Xiaomi Hongmi TD + WCDMA CWM+ROOT Guide

Install TWRP from here.

There is only 1 MULTI stable version. This thread is for this version.
Basic steps are:
- download file and put it in root of sdcard (don't unzip)
- go to recovery en do factory reset (you will loose data)
- install rom zipfile
- reboot

Remember: you will loose root and TWRP recovery will be replaced with original recovery included in the rom file
Thank you very much, I read something about TWRP but I supposed it suffered from the same problems CWM suffers in the latest Hongmi ;)
I will try to install TWRP, after that with a functioning recovery I will act like I always did in the past when changing ROM (I was a galaxy s user)

Hope vROOT keeps on working also in the latest MULTI stable v5 and that I will solve the WLAN based fix for GPS

thank you very much you all, it was very appreciate

Vroot won't work if I remember correctly. There is somewhere a root.zip in this forum. Try this.
Yeah, I read it around, maybe in this same 3d, thank you again :)

EDIT: Installed the TWRP (great recovery btw) and the latest MULTI rom, now gmaps works as expected :D
I just installed everything, so I'm still testing every functionality, but seems like everything is ok now
Thank you very much!!

Last edited:
I didn't, but better if was based on the latest stable release instead of an older one

Any chance to see CM on the Red Rice?
How is the porting to mediatek devices going for that rom?

Hi all..
I did as was stated on the guide but now i am stucked in recovery mode.. My HongMi can boot but Mi boot loader is the limit..
I guess i saved the ROM at the wrong internal sd card..
Hehehehe..
I used external 2 internal sd card..
Guess there's where i've gone wrong..
Tried installing from sd card but can't..
Well, this is all not a lost for i've learned alot through the process..
Thanks for the guide and if there's anyway to restore my phone, do tell..
Thanks..
And yeah, i didn't backup so i couldn't restore.. T.T

Hello
I've rooted the Hongmi with vRoot. Installed MobileUncleTools, and flashed the linked Recovery.
It is not working at all. The menu looks completely different compared to the linked one, and if I select any of the possibilities, nothing happens. So, this guide seems to be wrong. On the phone there is MIUI V4, and I would like to put on MIUI V5, but there is no updater app, that's why I chose to put on CWM.

I also checked this TWRP on the link, but the problem is that I need an updater app or a recovery to put it on. How should I do it?

Thanks in advance
Best Regards:
Zoltan

(BTW, I have a Xiaomi Mi2S 32GB as well, on that everything is sooo easy. This Hongmi is way too complicated.)

I think this will reply to both previous posts...

Install a Rom it's as easy as this:
- root your current Rom
- flash twrp recovery (the one I recommend) either through stock recovery or cwm.
- reboot in twrp recovery
- do the normal wipes (data, cache and davilk)
- flash the rom

What's the doubt or complication?

my recommendation regarding the Rom is the latest stable release of miuiandroid.

I don't know about others and I don't speak French.
As you know any alterations you do to a stock device, car, etc is reason enough to void the guaranteed that the item has

I think this will reply to both previous posts...

Install a Rom it's as easy as this:
- root your current Rom
- flash twrp recovery (the one I recommend) either through stock recovery or cwm.
- reboot in twrp recovery
- do the normal wipes (data, cache and davilk)
- flash the rom

What's the doubt or complication?

my recommendation regarding the Rom is the latest stable release of miuiandroid.

Hello,
Thanks for the reply.
First of all, I think they should remove that guide on first page of this thread, because I've checked hungarian forums, and several people told me, that this guide is not working anymore, it's misleading.

For your proposal: My problem is, that I've followed the guide on the first page, and I don't have stock recovery now, and the flashed CWM is not working.
I would love to put on this TWRP stuff, but how should I do that without CWM and without stock recovery?
It seems everybody has CWM here, but I don't know how, since this guide is not working at all.

Hello,
Thanks for the reply.
First of all, I think they should remove that guide on first page of this thread, because I've checked hungarian forums, and several people told me, that this guide is not working anymore, it's misleading.

For your proposal: My problem is, that I've followed the guide on the first page, and I don't have stock recovery now, and the flashed CWM is not working.
I would love to put on this TWRP stuff, but how should I do that without CWM and without stock recovery?
It seems everybody has CWM here, but I don't know how, since this guide is not working at all.

I managed to flash twrp this way: extracted twrp zip and flashed the img file with mobile uncle tools. Not worked for flashing roms, but I could enter in recovery with button combo and mobile uncle as well and flash twrp zip. After that I have full working twrp recovery

Tapatalked from a Xiaomi Hongmi

I managed to flash twrp this way: extracted twrp zip and flashed the img file with mobile uncle tools. Not worked for flashing roms, but I could enter in recovery with button combo and mobile uncle as well and flash twrp zip. After that I have full working twrp recovery

Tapatalked from a Xiaomi Hongmi

So, in nutshell, flash TWRP twice:
Once from MobileUncleTools, the unzipped image, and once from half-working TWRP, the TWRP zip?
Interesting :D

If you say yes, I will give it a try.

Oh, I've found your story in mobilarena.hu :D I've wrote you a private message there, fellow hungarian :D

Last edited:
So, in nutshell, flash TWRP twice:
Once from MobileUncleTools, the unzipped image, and once from half-working TWRP, the TWRP zip?
Interesting :D

No, one time is enough:
Flash from recovery or flash from MobileUncleTools.

Hi all, i just want to share my experience to all.. I once had a problem (post#536) and got into trouble for a few times.. Semi-bricked my phone twice.. Ok, now i'm getting to the point.
1st Prob:
Did all as was instructed from using vroot to root the phone, installing unclemobile and flashed with recovery.img.. Entered recovery and did factory reset. But until the point where we need to select .zip file to install multi-miuiv5, the installation failed.. There was a sense of panic but i was more excited than scared (adrenaline?)..
Solution:
Well, i did what most will do.. Trace back steps and did an evaluation of where did it went wrong.. All steps was followed but it still fails.. So if plan A fails, plan B should be made up as quick.. Did a scan through the forum till arrived at a topic about "multi-miuiv3".. Filled with desire to try and discover, downloaded the .zip.. Took out sd card (p/s:if people say internal sd card, it's this one) and copy paste multi-miuiv3 on it. Return to recovery mode (press vol down+power button) and tried again to install from sd card. And it worked..
Now it's solved i should be happy right? Nope, i wanted a v5, not v3 so i searched again and experimented..
I won't type the whole discourse of what happened but to sum it up, i semi-bricked my phones a couple of times.. Even my laptop had to do a "restore" due to a rooting session went bad.. ;p
Solution(for those who wants to update to v5 from lower versions):
Get TWRP.zip..
put on sd card.. (i recommend you put the miui-multiv5.zip also)
go to settings/about phone/press the (system update)..
then press the option button, next to home button (the button with three vertical horizontal lines)
select "reboot to recovery"
select apply update from sd card (this is where i did it differently.. I select the zip and installed it.. try it, you'll get it..)
then reboot..
go to settings/about phone/press the (system update)..
then press the option button, next to home button (the button with three vertical horizontal lines)
select "reboot to recovery"
Then you'll see a new kind of recovery, the TWRP, just beautiful..
First and foremost, if it's from a stable to a stable a dalvik cache sweep is alright, if we're moving neighborhood, do a factory reset..
Now select install and choose from sd card, not emmc alright?
select ROM amd let em' rip.. hehe.. i mean install..
Reboot and ure done..\This is how i did mine but results may vary due to many things..
So read the forums and ask around..
I must say my due, recognition to those who did great Topics, Sta-s2z and ingbrzy.. kudos..

Battery calibration is controlled by software, we don't need to do anything.
All battery calibration softwares just cancel the battery stats file, which is a special file system uses in order to show correct stats about battery. This file is constantly rewritten by the system and used to show percentages and things.
You don't need to do anything, just use your phone normally.
Also, a good practice in order to preserve battery duration is, once a month, to completely charge a battery, discharge completely and then recharge again up to the 100%.
Also, better not charge batteries when they are above 80%, and to avoid them to reach below 20% (just do the complete charge/discharge thing once a month)

This should prevent the batteries to degrade too quickly (even though we can't avoid it completely)

Reactions: marcel201