Xiaomi Hongmi TD + WCDMA CWM+ROOT Guide

I just purchased a Hongmi and i tried to root it using this guide although once rooted I couldn't reboot to recovery.. the phone just reboots into the normal ROM..

I have also noticed if I unplug the device from the usb cable and turn off/on, the phone doesn't power on.

If i try flash the recovery from mobileuncle and reboot the phone doesn't reboot into recovery... just does a normal reboot.

If I try reboot with phone not plugged in it doesn't power on.

I just purchased a Hongmi and i tried to root it using this guide although once rooted I couldn't reboot to recovery.. the phone just reboots into the normal ROM..

I have also noticed if I unplug the device from the usb cable and turn off/on, the phone doesn't power on.

If i try flash the recovery from mobileuncle and reboot the phone doesn't reboot into recovery... just does a normal reboot.

If I try reboot with phone not plugged in it doesn't power on.
Are you sure it is no fake?
Check screen resolution and processor with Mobileuncle.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

Hi, Today I tried to install the multilang rom but without success :-/ I've tried several times but I'm not getting the selection after installing the recovery.img (via mobile uncle) to install the rom...only getting 'boot into recovery - fast boot and normal boot. Whatever I select I keep getting into the normal modus. What am I doing wrong ?
Can this be a fake hongmi ? Or am I using an incorrect recovery.img (used the one mentioned in this forum thread)

Last edited:
Hello, I've recently bought my second Hongmi and apparently it is different from the first one I bougth. I did everything the same as I did with the first Hongmi but when I boot to CWM, I only get some colors in the top of the screen and recovery is not possible. After a minute, it just boots normal again.

I understand, the only way to solve this problem is using the TWRP version. But I can't figure out how to install it without being able to boot in recovery mode. Is there a solution on the way so we can all use the normal CWM again as described in this post on page one? Are people working on this to get the CWM working on the new version of the Hongmi?

I do think the work around to get the Multilang installed is very tricky for a lot of people here. It seems I'm not the only one having trouble doing it.

Last edited:
hi guys, anyone tried to root the SG model of redmi yet?

my next question is, i have updated to the latest MIUI version JHBSGBA12.0, since the rooting require me to re-flash redmi, where can i find this patch? anyone have the link here please share.

thank you very much.

I think this will reply to both previous posts...

Install a Rom it's as easy as this:
- root your current Rom
- flash twrp recovery (the one I recommend) either through stock recovery or cwm.
- reboot in twrp recovery
- do the normal wipes (data, cache and davilk)
- flash the rom

What's the doubt or complication?

my recommendation regarding the Rom is the latest stable release of miuiandroid.

when i reboot into android recovery to flash twrp recovery i get

Error: Partition table not match
Installation aborted.

after trying to flash the .zip..

I tried flashing the recovery img file from unclemobile but it just reboots into android recovery..

I think this will reply to both previous posts...

Install a Rom it's as easy as this:
- root your current Rom
How, if vroot doesn't work.

- flash twrp recovery (the one I recommend) either through stock recovery or cwm.

Where to download (link)

- reboot in twrp recovery
- do the normal wipes (data, cache and davilk)
- flash the rom

What's the doubt or complication?

my recommendation regarding the Rom is the latest stable release of miuiandroid.
Second the mentioned rom in post 1 didn't work had to download it from another source.
Perhaps it is better to make a new post with manual and the needed files .
Now you have to read several forum's to get it done
Who takes the lead from the profi's

Hi guys, i have the same problem as Moz-art and phil1974, i'm trying to put another ROM but i don't have access to the recovery mode. When i select recovery.img with mobile uncle, the phone is just doing a normal reboot. So i can't install the TWRP neither. I have a hongmi TD, and already checked it's not a fake one. I read lot of posts in the forum and still cannot find the solution to install another ROM ...

hi guys, anyone tried to root the SG model of redmi yet?

my next question is, i have updated to the latest MIUI version JHBSGBA12.0, since the rooting require me to re-flash redmi, where can i find this patch? anyone have the link here please share.

thank you very much.
What does SG model stand for? Is this the new Redmi 1s?
How did you get MIUI JHBSGBA12.0?

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

That is not the new update is the actual Rom available since January...
I know it's not new. There is no new update yet. But he asked where he could download since en.miui.com has no version for wcdma; hence the link I shared

Enviado desde mi Arroz Rojo