Xiaomi Mi 11T conectivity issue with Android Auto

26AIG

Members
Jan 21, 2022
Hi all. Please help.

I recently bought a new phone, an Mi 11T, then, when i try to connect to Android Auto it works, but it deconnects automatically after 1 or 2 minutes. This "game" with auto connecting and deconnecting is happening till i stop it. It` doesn`t matter the method of conectivity. Same issue, both with USB cable or wireless.

Before this phone i had an Redmi Note 9 Pro and it worked fine with Android Auto, no problems.

What could cause these problems ?

Both phones are running Android 11.

Reactions: Cizzu and ZedeN
Hi all. Please help.

I recently bought a new phone, an Mi 11T, then, when i try to connect to Android Auto it works, but it deconnects automatically after 1 or 2 minutes. This "game" with auto connecting and deconnecting is happening till i stop it. It` doesn`t matter the method of conectivity. Same issue, both with USB cable or wireless.

Before this phone i had an Redmi Note 9 Pro and it worked fine with Android Auto, no problems.

Hi,
I have same issue with a 11T pro.
I had problem connecting the device to car via USB I couldn't start android auto (other devices like Samsung work perfectly). Car was saying "unknown device".
I bought AAWireless hoping that the connection problem with cable could be solved but I see it keeps disconnecting anyways. Difference is that now with AAWireless I can see google maps of the app on the car's screen for few seconds and then immediately the device disconnects saying "check device is not locked" and "unknown device"...
It looks impossible to me that in 2022 a top phone (Mi stores in Italy sells it for 699€) can have such problems. Xiaomi what are you waiting for to solve them?

Same problem here on 11T. I had AA working great with an old Samsung A50 and very disappointed its not working on my new 11T phone :(

Mi 11T
MIUI 13.0.2 Global Stable
Peugeot 208 (2017)
Android Auto 7.5 (latest release)
Also tried 7.4

Tried 5 different cables (new and old usb-c) and factory resets

Same problem here on 11T. I had AA working great with an old Samsung A50 and very disappointed its not working on my new 11T phone :(

Mi 11T
Peugeot 208 (2017)
Also tried 7.4

I found a solution when I bought AAWireless.
Funny thing is that the phone is not connecting wireless to the device but it is connecting now to the car via android auto using the AAWireless cable! No other USB cables seems to work. It looks like the AAWireless cable is somehow dimensioned on its section that allows phone to manage connection and data exchange with car's USB. I'm not a technician but I started to think that this problem is due to the high power the phone needs to charge, and this interferes with data transmission through the cable. Normal cables like the original one allow only charge or data transmission, not both.
With a bigger section of the cable, or simply a better manufactured one, this problem looks like it's gone and AAWireless cable has a much bigger section than all others (included the phone is original cable!).
Sayd that, I didn't understand yet Wich are the minimum technical specifications that cable has to posses to be able and connect this particular phone's model to car via USB.
Still the phone has evident problems on the Bluetooth/wireless connections management because AAWireless is not working as it is meant to via wireless.
Basically I spent 85€ not to use the device but to use it's cable... Absurd.
I'm using MIUI 13 and all last version of Android auto.

Mi 11T
Peugeot 208 (2017)
Also tried 7.4

I found a solution when I bought AAWireless.
Funny thing is that the phone is not connecting wireless to the device but it is connecting now to the car via android auto using the AAWireless cable! No other USB cables seems to work. It looks like the AAWireless cable is somehow dimensioned on its section that allows phone to manage connection and data exchange with car's USB. I'm not a technician but I started to think that this problem is due to the high power the phone needs to charge, and this interferes with data transmission through the cable. Normal cables like the original one allow only charge or data transmission, not both.
With a bigger section of the cable, or simply a better manufactured one this problem looks like it's gone and AAWireless cable has a much bigger section than all others (included the phone original cable!).
Said that, I didn't understand yet Wich are the minimum technical specifications that cable has to posses to be able and connect this particular phone's model to car via USB.
Still the phone has evident problems on the Bluetooth/wireless connections management because AAWireless is not working as it is meant to do via wireless. Machine says that "USB devices was disconnected" but AAwireless is always plugged. I see on the Bluetooth settings that phone is disabling it few seconds after the connection to AAWireless. Tried to ask to manufacturer for support but there is no big solution, just reset device and restart...
Basically I spent 85€ not to use the device wireless but to use it's cable... Absurd.
I'm using MIUI 13 and all last version of Android auto.

Hi,
I have a mercedes A class from 2016, and i confirm that i had the same issues with my new 11t pro.
I used a usb hub directly connected to the car and a usb 3 cable connected to the Hub and it worked right away and works fine.

Here is the HUb i am using :
https://www.amazon.fr/Anker-Data-Hub-Ports-Ultra/dp/B00Y25XFGK/ref=asc_df_B00Y25XFGK/?tag=googshopfr-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=51048630486&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12389048091146372632&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9055317&hvtargid=pla-124038623286&th=1

and the cable :
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07213D35X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i hope this helps everyone

Hi guys, a little question for AAWireless, all the connections are ok, but when i open AAWireless on my car, and choose Spotify, i dont have directly the music playing, i have to open the app first on my phone ( MI 11 Ultra with xiaomi.eu stable )
Even i give all permissions !
Do you have a tip for me, how can i manage without passing first from the app of Spotify ??
Thanksss

I got same issue. I tried 2 original cables from Xiaomi, one cable from OnePlus, one cable from Huawei and on all it fails.
Then I tried cable from Blitzwolf and it works. It also works on other devices like Huawei p20 pro, Pocophone F1.

Hi all. Please help.

Finally SOLVED: Just to let you know, after had tried with 5 different brands, thickness, speeds and length of cables and USB hubs (2.0, 3.1, etc) they didn't work, so, after make different tests with computers, cellular phones, cables and hubs; I realized the problem is not with Android Auto OR the cables, but the USB handshaking speed protocol Xiaomi has on the phone at hardware level!(I'm assuming the IO libraries are similar to several brands because Android provides the mobile operating system, but the HW) so, to solved. I bought the following adapter which convert USB signal into bluetooth signal to avoid the interaction between the phone and the car with Cellular USB port; using the bluetooth instead... And cheers!!! It worked: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005178073258.html