Resolved (Xiaomi Mi 1S - 2.9.29) Location services not working

AirieFenix

Members
Oct 7, 2012
I updated yesterday to 2.9.29 and the thing is simple: there's no way the phone find itself in the map.

I tried a bunch of apps (Maps, Foursquare, Camera, GPS Status) and all the apps show the "searching satellites icon" in the status bar but they never achieve to connect.

After that, I had disconnected the GPS and repeated the procedure only with WiFi and 3G antennas. Maps, Foursquare and others just show me a message of "unavailable to find your location". The same with only-WiFi and only-data connections.

Now, before you ask if the same happened before I have bad news: I don't know! The phone is brand new, it have arrived yesterday and I updated in no time (in part because I was too excited and didn't use to much before update, and in part because I have want a version without the Xiaomi framework).

Another thing I noticed: the phone resets itself using all of some of the next apps (I don't realize which yet): HD Widgets, Apex launcher, custom lockscreen. Do you know if this last bug was reported or is a thing I found out?

Thank so much!

Could confirm that the miuiandroid 2.9.29 has problems with GPS fix for Xiaomi MiOne. The original firmware 2.9.29 hasn't. Translated Russian and German versions work just fine.
Moreover miuiandroid 2.9.29 gets 'Map application crashed' exception on start.

Could confirm that the miuiandroid 2.9.29 has problems with GPS fix for Xiaomi MiOne. The original firmware 2.9.29 hasn't. Translated Russian and German versions work just fine.
Moreover miuiandroid 2.9.29 gets 'Map application crashed' exception on start.

Well, actually it's the German ROM (I downloaded from miui-germany.de because at that moment miuiandroid.com was working a little slow). After read your post, I set up the language to German, I rebooted the phone and tried again. The exact same behavior, GPS never connect, and Google maps shows me the "unavailable to find your position" message. Any idea?

Just checked the German version from miui-germany works correct and got the gps fix in 4 seconds. Original firmware does the same. Miuiandroid.com 2.9.29 for MiOneS doesn't.

German version 2.9.29:

Screenshot_2012-10-08-08-30-57.png

Miuiandroid 2.9.29 (GPS fix is done, but it's wrong)

Screenshot_2012-10-08-11-14-17.png

I've made some changes to GPS and what not. Let me know how it goes for this week.

Well, the issue is solved but anyway I want to post an update.

The German 2.9.29 version didn't work for me, so I decided go back to the British 2.9.21. The GPS started to work almost immediately. Great!

Two days passed, and today I decided to take the risk one more time and update. This time I used the 2.9.29 from this forum AKA the British version. So... backup, reset, wipe cache and install. At first hadn't seem to work but I put the GPS test app running and left the phone in the balcony (better reception I want to believe) for about 15 or 20 minutes and started to work just fine.

So, again, it seems there IS a problem with the location service in the .29 but with a little luck and patience it fixes itself (at least in my experience). Now, it works just fine both by GPS and by 3G/wifi. Thanks, guys!

what about this, can you guys tell me why google map does'nt working on xiaomi mi1s youth edition..? can't search where is my position..im on stablerom build 23ics.. please help me