MULTI Xiaomi MI-2 Touch screen fix 3.1.19

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkHUK

Site Founder
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
Hi all,

Anyone using the MI-2 will be glad of this update. It resolves some issues with the touch screen.

Update: We, Myself and Acid have fixed the MI-2 Settings > Display FC for selection of screen saturation and the other colour setting. New ROM is up on the mirrors below, multi to follow.

PS. Aware of a typo error on the menu, we'll fix it next time :p

English Base release:
[release]3.1.19[/release]

MULTI lang pack:
[multi_release]3.1.19/multi_lang[/multi_release]

Thanks,

Mark

Mark, care to explain what is the issue exactly?
I have Mi2 only for 3 days, not quite sure if i suffer from the issue you're saying.
Is it all devices issue or only to some of them?

Thanx Mark. Not that i noticed any issues...But it's good 2 know xiaomi and miuiandroid is keeping on top of things. Keep up the great work.

Reactions: MarkHUK
I'm not quite sure what the issue is and I've been using this Rom for two days... And what's the touch screen? Isn't it just the screen? Anyway thanks for the job!!

Enviado desde mi MI 2

Thanks for the update. I was having some tiny problems with touch (it was a few pixels off) hope this fixes it.

In this version the display settings are broken like in 3.1.18.

Anyone try to set the display temperature or saturation under display settings.

3.1.19 is broken because of this wierd thing MIUI changed in /values/arrays.xml

Correct in 3.1.11 (working):
Code:
    <string-array name="screen_color_title">
        <item>Warm</item>
        <item>Nature</item>
        <item>Cool</item>
    </string-array>
    <string-array name="screen_saturation_title">
        <item>Brilliant</item>
        <item>Standard</item>
    </string-array>

In 3.1.18/19 those arrays where replaced by this:
Code:
    <string-array name="screen_color_value">
        <item>1</item>
        <item>2</item>
        <item>3</item>
    </string-array>
    <string-array name="screen_saturation_value">
        <item>11</item>
        <item>10</item>
    </string-array>

But those string array names are still declared in public.xml:
Code:
    <public type="array" name="screen_color_title" id="0x7f070071" />
    <public type="array" name="screen_saturation_title" id="0x7f070072" />
and if they are missing from arrays.xml we get FC.

Solution for this should be to insert that missing arrays into arrays.xml again.

3.1.19 is broken because of this wierd thing MIUI changed in /values/arrays.xml

Solution for this should be to insert that missing arrays into arrays.xml again.

Did you commit anything back to the branch Acid? Send me an email with the correct XML i'll get it committed to Repo.

I did not. Because at the moment I dont have my Mi2 with me and I couldn't test it if im right. And I thought at friday that this is something new that MIUI changed. But now i've checked this and I think MIUI put those new array strings but forgot adding previous ones. I will send you those stings.

PS Acid:

I'm testing new changes now and if successful will push a new fix to mirrors :)

I did not. Because at the moment I dont have my Mi2 with me and I couldn't test it if im right. And I thought at friday that this is something new that MIUI changed. But now i've checked this and I think MIUI put those new array strings but forgot adding previous ones. I will send you those stings.
it's cool dude, got the XML just testing on my MI-2 now :)

waiting for download from Dev box.

MI-2 Display settings fix ROM is uploaded to the official mirror and other mirror :)

Cw4pW5B.png

It seems goo.im server has some problems right now. Cant acces the multi language file

We have no control over goo.im and their services. Please be patient im sure they'll sort it out. General Internet seems to be getting a hammering tonight / today

So I've to download it again to fix the FC?

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

After upgrade to 3.1.18, my Mi2 Touch screen was totally out of order, now with this update it's all ok, thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.